Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... I'm finding the handlebars to be too wide.

Everything else about them is fine (except it would be great if they were black), the bend and reach is fine.... they're just too damn wide.... and it doesn't help that the CRG Arrow mirrors make the bike even wider.

The handlebar width of my trusty 'ol FZ6 is 30" from bar end to bar end, and 34" from mirror edge to mirror edge.

The FZ-09 is 33" from bar end to bar end, and 38.5" from mirror edge to mirror edge.

I know 4.5" doesn't sound like a lot.... but when you're lane splitting, the slimmer your bike the better, and the Arrow mirrors don't fold in like I would like.

So I'm looking to possibly switch the Arrow mirrors for Hindsight mirrors and switch handlebars altogether.

What are my options for handlebars that are just like stock but narrower? (and hopefully black, but that's not a deal-breaker)

As always, thanks for your help and feedback.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
p.s.

If someone with CRG Hindsight mirrors + Rhino bar ends can confirm whether or not the mirrors can fold inwards (up or down) easily, without affecting your hand position on the grip, that would be great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

I have the arrow's and there is no real other position to run them that wouldn't interfere with your hands.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know.

I have the Arrows as well (please refer to original post).

Which is why I posed the question about the CRG Hindsight mirrors + Rhino Bar ends.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You could always take your bars off paint them black and move your controls in 3/4" so that your grips don't overhang onto the bar ends... then you could get a shorter set of bar ends.... I don't know if 1 1/2" would be enough for you though.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn it.

Should have searched.... thanks Doug.

Still curious about the foldability of the hindsight mirrors.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
You can just cut the handlebars to the width you want. They are just aluminum.

You may have to tap the inside of the bars to add more threads inside the bars but that is easy to do as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts