Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've gotta try something with my handlebars... the riding position just ruins this bike for me at my size...

I was thinking about going clubmans because it seems like they could give me a clip-on like riding position, without interfering with the tank.

Anyone have recommendations there? And would I need to buy grips? Bar ends? I keep putting it off mainly because I cant make up my mind, and dont know what all I'd need to do.

I've read that the clubmans for 1125r work, but cant seem to find a set of those for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Search is your friend. The Buell bars have been tried and the clubman bars have also been tried.

Have you tried rotating the stock bars forward or back?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Havent tried rotating the bars, but looking for somethign a bit more extreme. I actually did search and heard diff people say diff things. I know theres things to do to pull old bars off. and that technically I can reuse grips (with glue)... anyway

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6'4 210lb... I feel like a big parachute or something... wind is REAL bad and same with the buffeting. leaning forward quite a bit would be REAL nice

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually what it PROBABLY is, is my ducati has a real weird riding position... not a sport bike, and not even as aggressive as the sv650s... but the fz is straight up.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Same size as me. I hate clip ons, and my arms are a bit buggered after crashes, so mx bars feel more natural for me.
I'm going higher bars so it feels even more motard like. And I had a custom screen on my last MT. Made from an acerbis led vision headlight (just the top half) that kept all the wind blast off my chest, but just clean air on my helmet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's funny how much personal taste varies. I'm shorter then some of you at 6'2" but feel awkwardly upright when riding this bike at highway speeds. Maybe I have long arms. I'm currently working on a clip on adapter to get my grip about 2" down and 2" farther forward then stock. So far it feels much better for me but I haven't ridden it yet.

collage_1_20150111070016386.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm only 6'1" and the Buell Clubmans made a huge difference. Feels like a completely different bike now. It actually feels like a proper streetbike. If you position everything just right, nothing needs to modified either. I would just bite the bullet if you can't find them used and get them new 18036 - Black Clubman Bar, for 1125CR, 1-1/8" center, 7/8" ends - American Sport Bike - Online Store

Or you can wait; Nick from Stoltec was working with woodcraft on billet clip-on adapters, but I'm sure those will end up costing more than the $140 clubmans.

·
Registered
612 Posts
It's funny how much personal taste varies. I'm shorter then some of you at 6'2" but feel awkwardly upright when riding this bike at highway speeds. Maybe I have long arms. I'm currently working on a clip on adapter to get my grip about 2" down and 2" farther forward then stock. So far it feels much better for me but I haven't ridden it yet.

View attachment 12412
Looks a lot narrower than the stock bars too..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Depends on the length of the clip on bars I guess. I have 10.8" ones on the way. Right now its just broom handle for mock-up :)I like it a lot so far though

·
Registered
33 Posts
i can't open that link… it says "not found" but i am also concerned about my handle bar and i am reading and searching other options … i would like to know a bit more about the clip-on adapters how it would vary my handle bar position but so far im liking the idea of the clubman bar, i would say mi concern is the same as Rallyon … i hope he has found something good out there in the market that can help me too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts