Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2022 MT-09SP on order and due in a few weeks. One of the first things I want to do to it is 'lower the bars. I've come from years of track riding on an R6 so the stock bars are very high to me... but I'm now looking forward to the new bike and more casual riding. However, lower bars will make me feel more at home I'm sure.

I've seen other posts on this with people fitting stright bars etc. However, I'm okay with the stock bars / bend so just need a shorter set of Risers. The stock ones are really long. The limitation is the clearance at full lock between the switch clocks on the bars and the tank. As I don't have the bike yet, an no dealership here has any stock (hence why I am having to wait) so I am hoping someone can measure (1) the height of the stock risersfrom the point where they sit on the triple clamp up to the underside of the bars, (2) the minimum switch block / tank clearance at full steering lock and also the depth of teh top triple clamp the risers are bolting through.

To date I have only found a couple of possible solutions but I think I am onto a really simple fix. I checked the parts fiche for the MT-09 and compared that to the 2021 MT-10. The risers on that model is shorter and probably by about the amount I can get away with and not run into tank clearance issues... but I need measurements so I can get parts ordered if this should work. Ideally someone with an MT-10 providing me with the same would be really appreciated (although MT-10's are available at Dealerships here so I can go and measure that myself. If

Hopefully someone out there can do a quick measure and advise here as I suspect others may be interested in doing the same. Please refer to the attached images explaining the measurements required.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply but that model isn't readily available here yet either so I can't check. I had thought of that but I can't locate a parts fiche for the 2022 model either... they are too new. That's why getting the measurements off a 2022 MT-09 will let me compare to the MT-10 2021 that I can check at a dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply but that model isn't readily available here yet either so I can't check. I had thought of that but I can't locate a parts fiche for the 2022 model either... they are too new. That's why getting the measurements off a 2022 MT-09 will let me compare to the MT-10 2021 that I can check at a dealership.
Why don't you try it as Yamaha intended for a little while first, never know it might make sense after a while.
I thought about that but have test ridden the bike... love lots of things about it other than the riding position bring too upright for me. I just prefer leaning a bit more forward. More weight towards the front... but I do understand that some people prefer more upright. I've just never liked that feeling for the riding I do.

·
Registered
744 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just bought an MT10.

Was trawling around here looking for a measurement from the MT09. I actually just measured about 63mm from the bottom of the riser (MT10 has a raised section that the riser sits on that I'm not including) to the flat 'split' between the riser and the clamp at the top. I assume if symmetrical that that would be the height to the centre of whatever bar you mount.

Would love the measurement between the hole centres of the top clamp (hoping for 40mm) and the width between the risers themselves. (essentially the distance between the hole centres on the triple clamp) on the Gen 2 MT09 just to see if they match the MT10.

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts