Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed double mount hand guards? I don't want single mount because they offer no crash protection
Double mounts will Involve removing bar end weights though,and threaded inserts.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the curved ones,when it is mounted square up to the end of the handlebar,the inboard end just sits off the handlebar.
It needs a good 3 inches distance between handlebar and guard because that's how long the swivel is.
I've mounted a lot of Barkbusters and Acerbis but never Zeta's.Did not realize that they were made in China,thought it was Japan,oh well.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I got the curved ones,when it is mounted square up to the end of the handlebar,the inboard end just sits off the handlebar.
It needs a good 3 inches distance between handlebar and guard because that's how long the swivel is.
I've mounted a lot of Barkbusters and Acerbis but never Zeta's.Did not realize that they were made in China,thought it was Japan,oh well.
I was wondering about that. I am afraid that these bars have a bigger sweep than dirt bend bars. It is no problem to put them in my vise with a towel and take a pipe and bend them in two places to get the clearance I need. I did get the longer inboard mounts for fear of the opposite, but can get shorter mounts. They make three different length inboard mounts

Also, I am doing away with bar end weights and going with anti-vibrations inserts from Fasst Company

http://www.fasstco.com/shop/anti-vibration-inserts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.