Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed double mount hand guards? I don't want single mount because they offer no crash protection
Double mounts will Involve removing bar end weights though,and threaded inserts.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see that on Twisted Throttle they have some 6mm and 8mm tapered bar end bolts with streamlined bar end weights. Nice!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got my Zeta hanguards in and cannot get them to work so I'm sending them back.
May have to go with single mounts for the ease of install.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Got my Zeta hanguards in and cannot get them to work so I'm sending them back.
May have to go with single mounts for the ease of install.
What was your issue with the Zeta handguards? Did you go with the straight ones or the bent ones?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the curved ones,when it is mounted square up to the end of the handlebar,the inboard end just sits off the handlebar.
It needs a good 3 inches distance between handlebar and guard because that's how long the swivel is.
I've mounted a lot of Barkbusters and Acerbis but never Zeta's.Did not realize that they were made in China,thought it was Japan,oh well.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I got the curved ones,when it is mounted square up to the end of the handlebar,the inboard end just sits off the handlebar.
It needs a good 3 inches distance between handlebar and guard because that's how long the swivel is.
I've mounted a lot of Barkbusters and Acerbis but never Zeta's.Did not realize that they were made in China,thought it was Japan,oh well.
I was wondering about that. I am afraid that these bars have a bigger sweep than dirt bend bars. It is no problem to put them in my vise with a towel and take a pipe and bend them in two places to get the clearance I need. I did get the longer inboard mounts for fear of the opposite, but can get shorter mounts. They make three different length inboard mounts

Also, I am doing away with bar end weights and going with anti-vibrations inserts from Fasst Company

http://www.fasstco.com/shop/anti-vibration-inserts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts