Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Minnesota, this morning at 34 degrees, it was a cold ride to school. So now I am thinking some hand guards. Just wondering what some people have used. Seeing what are some ideas and what other people have had luck with.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got a set of Acerbis X-Tarmac guards on my FZ. I think they go well with the bike and I've gotten a handful of compliments on them.
More importantly, they work.
I bought the last set DennisKirk.com had at $160. Installed with the included hardware without issue. You don't need the extra adapter kit.

IMG_1751.jpg IMG_1752.jpg IMG_1753.jpg

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm still debating adding on a set of handguards as well. I know the SW Motech KOBRA's, and Zeta's fit, but I have also seen photo's of PowerMADD Star handguards.

·
Registered
659 Posts
For some reason the links that I was trying to send via PM would not go through. Check out Niner's Video showing the Zetas mounted with bar end mirrors.

thanks again!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I've got a set of Acerbis X-Tarmac guards on my FZ. I think they go well with the bike and I've gotten a handful of compliments on them.
More importantly, they work.
I bought the last set DennisKirk.com had at $160. Installed with the included hardware without issue. You don't need the extra adapter kit.

View attachment 10477 View attachment 10478 View attachment 10479
They look real good. Do you know if anyone makes them with LED indicators...????

·
Registered
30 Posts
They look real good. Do you know if anyone makes them with LED indicators...????
I know Acerbis has at least one set with integrated signal LEDs, but not with the X-Tarmac. Mine do have a center strip that's backlit "green from the Tron movie" color. It's pretty subtle and invisible in daylight, FWIW.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Moving this to the appropriate section.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anybody know of one that don't need to use bar end inserts. I really like the mirrors I installed and rather not deal with it?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Does anybody know of one that don't need to use bar end inserts. I really like the mirrors I installed and rather not deal with it?
Same here. I've got sharp looking Bar End Mirrors too.

Nothing worthwhile is easy....:cool:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wear better gloves as well. I ride to my campus in Grand Forks in Mx gloves every morning. Just depends on how far you are going.

By the way, what school do you go to?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Power Madd is a great product I work grave yard so cold nights and colder mornings work well with this addition.

Reactions: Vmax

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the PowerMadd on mine and I like them. take the cover out for some bug deflection in the summer and then put them back on for the winter and protection. they don't cover the bar ends either.

I mounted the brackets on opposite sides of the bars than suggested (over the top of the bar) and just had to scoot the levers in a bit. a small notch in the RH bar to clear the throttle cables and they fit great and center up in front of your hands very well. I was happy with them for the price for sure.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just installed the Barkbuster Storm S7's for the Fall season. No mount on the handlebars, just on the barends. Will post a ride report once I get a below 40 degree morning ride in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
20140911_062032.jpg 20140911_091422.jpg

here is the moose racing loops on mine. they have ones that have handguards on them to block wind and they may even have ones that are easily removable. i really like them and they can take a hit. you have to be willing to take bolt cutters to your levers or get short ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
G2 ergonomics makes some nice open-ended guards at the right price.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Can someone help me out, I want to get the ZETA Guards with flashers. Will I need the straight or bent guard and what diameter? 7/8 or 1 1/8? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Did you use the standard mount kit or the tri-mount kit? I bought a standard Acerbis kit and had no room for the bracket on the bar where it needed to go... even after moving things around. Thanks for the help... and did you get the race flares for extra wind coverage? Was wondering if there would be room for them. Blue Skies, Tom

1 - 20 of 27 Posts