Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just felt like sharing my experience about my ride today.

The weather was overcast and cool 72°F.

I went for an urban ride instead of my normal country river road ride. I wanted some seat time in traffic. I mixed this with some freeway connectors. I felt really connected with the bike today. I think the tank pads (tech spec from Stoltec) can get some of the credit. I just turned 3000 miles (from May 11 so just under 3 months).

I don't consider myself a great rider but I am a quick learner and competitive by nature. I'm also older with kids so I need to be careful as well. But I felt extremely confident today. I felt as if I was not the limiting factor anymore if that makes sense. I did do a few reality checks to make sure I was not riding out of my skill level or taking unnecessary chances.

To put things in perspective I hit 100 mph with confidence and ease. Normally I would say 80 MPH is my comfort zone (freeway speeds)

In traffic I felt more comfortable and was very aware of those behind me at stops.

I know I'm not giving great details about the ride itself. So I'll just say this bike is awesome and I love it. I went to the dealer on Friday past to look at a Woodcraft rear stand before I ordered my PitBull stand on line (to be sure). While I was there I sat on a few different bikes such as an R1, R6, CBR, F800GS ect ect. I can say that the FZ-09 is the most perfect commuter/weekend warrior/ thrill bike, and I have one parked in my garage:D

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I'm going to move this to the ride section if you don't care. Sounds like a great ride and today was a wonderful day for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts