Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have PIAA 70426 cool withe anti-vibration and the improvment vs stock was not what i want, i see this kit H4 LED motorcycle Headlight Bulb - Chrome Glow that No Load equalizer or special modules needed, only direct fit h4 led, i found nothing on this on the forum, anywone have installed it, do it need modification, the fz-09 have the need space between the light and how it improve vs PIAA, all led treads i found was on the module with the Load equalizer!

·
Registered
768 Posts
If I understand it correctly, for a high output LED to survive, it must be cooled. They don't generate outward heat like an incandescent lamp. But, the semiconductors producing the light are still inefficient to the point that 60-95% of the output is wasted in localized heat. That's especially critical for higher output LEDs. So, they must be cooled with conductive materials, heat sinks, fans, and so on.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I had LED running lights on my Triumph and they burned out (failed) very quickly. Before paying that much, I'd want to see some legitimate accounts of their long term performance.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Auto part Technology Telephone Electronic device Auto part Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Auto part Vehicle Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Auto part Lighting Electronics Technology Electronic device Diagram

Received and installed ;-)

Reactions: yezzie09

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No only the connector was very tight, best was to cut it and weld the wires!

*Warning* all H4 LED CYRON come with Epistar LEDS, not CREE LEDS, the listing on the Chromeglow said CREE but its not and others site cost less 55$ on many vs 84$) and was the same thing but the Epistar LEDS on it where hightech COB (chips on board that give better light quality that regular LEDS).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont run the bike since it was in winter storage but i install the famous sylvania 168/194 led on parking light that you can see in this video:

I think that it will be perfect ;-)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Excellent video, JEAN-ROCH, the comparison and identification of the new bulbs are very helpful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts