Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First 3 mods,homemade tidy tail,mirrors,cell charger.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Had to get rid of the rabbit ear mirrors. Still trying to find the impossible to find M10x1.25 left hand bolt for the right side...

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Does that mirror work well in that position?

I ask, because I have bar end mirrors at the ends on my bars, and they are just far enough out there, to keep my own reflection out of the mirror. It seems like that mirror would show more of you, and less of the road behind you?

It just seems that your arm has to go right in front of the mirror, just to get to your left grip, so I'd imagine you will only see your arm?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's exactly what I was worried about putting it there but it is a concave glass so I actually see quite a bit. The view of cars in my blind spot it great and the cars directly behind me is seen between my arm and body.

Sent from my HTC One M8

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
There are plastic caps available to block off the other mirror hole that give a nice clean look.

Also, if I'm understanding correctly, you are stating that your arm is directly in your field of view when looking in the mirror. That you are essentially looking around it?

IMVHO, the ideal mirror position is one that takes your body out of the field entirely. This is why so many people use bar end mirrors, because the bug mirrors show their shoulders, and bar ends are situated where they are un impeded. Not for aesthetics.

Again, IMVHO, I'd move that mirror to the bar end, remove your body entirely from the field of view, and plug the holes with plastic caps.

In a split second decision making moment, I wouldn't want my arm in my field of view, at all.

Ride safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts