Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought the gytr radiator guard?? looks to be a quality piece but wondering how it looks on the FZ and how it mounts.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
987 Posts
^^^ What tail bag is that?

·
Registered
395 Posts
FZ09R: It's the Wolfman luggage Peak tail Bag M803. It fits like it was made for the bike. Exactly the right size for the seat and the gutter hooks fit perfectly on the seat frame. I put a little soft plastic tubing where the hooks attach to protect the seat. It's really well made and expands a bit for some extra goodies. Not cheap at $121 ish but you wont be disappointed.
IMG_4757.jpg

·
Registered
395 Posts
FZ09R..Just thinking. I don't use the Wolfman bag any longer because I recently got a Corbin seat and it's a bit too high now to get my leg over the bike with the extra seat height. Had it for less than a month and you can have it for $75.00. It's like new. IMG_4906.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello! I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 2015 in yellow and am interested in a seating uprgade. How do you like your Corbin seat? I was thinking about a Corbin or one from Seat Concepts. Any advice? By the way, the yellow piping looks great!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got both guards, side and front.. They looks good but the front screen is pretty cheap and uses zip ties to mount... not what I expected but still looks great and you can hardly tell they are zip tied.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey you have a link to that corbin seat? i have the same bike and color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to this forum and got my FZ 09 in August. I recently ordered the GYTR rad guard and can't figure out what the zip ties mount to. At this point, I am not seeing any solid real estate those plastic ties can hold on to and am not sure what 'radiator slats' are. Chaz1234 or Sparker, can you post a close up pic of what the zip ties attach to? The posted pics and comments make it sound easy but the diagram in the instructions is a joke. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
395 Posts
MichaelScott...Corbin seat is great! It is really comfortable and you can ride for long periods of time. Some say it detracts from the looks of the bike but I don't think so. I actually like the way it fits on the frame. Good luck IMG_4906.jpg

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hello! I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 2015 in yellow and am interested in a seating uprgade. How do you like your Corbin seat? I was thinking about a Corbin or one from Seat Concepts. Any advice? By the way, the yellow piping looks great!

I just got the Seat Concepts GP seat and love it. I got yellow stitching added also. Seat has gripper cover so far it's good to go and liking it but would like to ride on th carbon fiber version also to see how slick it is. I have pics on my "Ryan's Lightcycle Build" page.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I am new to this forum and got my FZ 09 in August. I recently ordered the GYTR rad guard and can't figure out what the zip ties mount to. At this point, I am not seeing any solid real estate those plastic ties can hold on to and am not sure what 'radiator slats' are. Chaz1234 or Sparker, can you post a close up pic of what the zip ties attach to? The posted pics and comments make it sound easy but the diagram in the instructions is a joke. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the upper left (sitting on the bike) mounting point. What it looks like from front and rear.

The slats are the horizontal flat pieces running from one side of the rad to the other. The zip ties loop between the top or bottom of the rad and the first slat.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I use an R&G. It bolts on the top and zip-ties on the bottom. The logo sticker on the bottom is optional and it doesn't have any funky graphics stamped or painted in. I like stealth.

r_g.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Blkbrd - Great close up pics and explanation. Thanks for your help.

DNFDoug - I agree, the stealth look is a good one and that guard is on there solid.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts