Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guess who I found on MN BRC Instructor DCTC outing... Neal aka V2Neal on his awesomeness Red 9er!!!
It was really really nice talking shop and goofing around with another 9er rider, btw the summary of the other instructors riding the Stoltec Moto Tuned 9er Fork (Shim stack, 1kg spring, flash with stock fuel map, 30 sag, and full rebound max setting) was:
- awesome engine, the best!!!
- suspension is killing the 3pot ON the Track (but not on the road), even with the tuned fork its better but still soft.

And I must say, riding the SV, 250 and 300 Ninja plus Monster all are rails on the track. With the 9er you have to work it... but I love it!!!

V2Neal well what are you looking for :p
IMG_0576-web.jpg

V2Neal in Action
IMG_0656-web.jpg

More action from Neal
-2.jpg

Myself with Stoltec Super Tuned Forks (remember that the shim stack not designed for track use)
IMG_0954.jpg

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
HA! Marthy you are close, it was bird related. No chicken strips left on the FZ. Wish I had the suspension done so I could exploit it some more. Ah well, winter project.

Good meeting you last night Gerhard hope to see you around some more.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Cool thread - wish I saw this sooner.

Glad the bike is working out for you. As you alluded to, we defaulted on the softer side for the fork revalve kit (i.e. for the street). Track only performance...gonna recommend the full cartridge kit.

Thanks for the sharing!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
... we defaulted on the softer side for the fork revalve kit (i.e. for the street).
You are correct Nick :)crushed: former Stoltec Moto), I simply didn't realized how fun and educational track days gona be.
Now that I still have the original bad -oem shock (230lb total @7 and 1 rebound in from soft), its eating my Q2 like candy.. guys you better get an shock upgrade or you will pay in tires and vague ride.

~500 track miles, and I haven't even clocked the 3k marker on the Q2 -darn, I need a better shock asap!
MG_20140810_134915.jpg

Oohh and yes I run them at 30/30 psi... btw now 4 9er riders have run the track at DCTC in Rosemont MN -rock on!

Thanks to Twisted Lights -Tim you certainly know how to twist!
ZARS_2014_9-9_MG_9512.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Nick,

When I ordered my double-clicker, I left the "track riding" option at 'No' (rather than Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced/Racer). What does this option change about the setup of the shock? What did I miss out on now that I am "trying the track" (at DCTC) so to speak? I'm in the opposite situation as Gerhard as I still have the OEM fork...

Thanks, as usual!

-Brian-

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would be a 5th '09 to ride DCTC but I'm broke so I just head down to the Pepin area in WI and hit up O, E and all the curvy roads down there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts