Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some probs getting this new thread going so sry if it ends up being posted a couple times..... anything in the works to make a professional looking bracket that centers the guages? No one else has anything on the market as of yet and i'd say there would be some demand for it.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Maybe: A black plastic piece bolts to the bar clamps and holds the gauge, get rid of it, make your own out of 1/8 inch aluminum plate, wrap with the fake carbon fiber sheeting. I haven't had the gauge display off of it's holder to see how well that would work. One way or another, if you don't like where it is you're probably better off making your own solution now.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe: A black plastic piece bolts to the bar clamps and holds the gauge, get rid of it, make your own out of 1/8 inch aluminum plate, wrap with the fake carbon fiber sheeting. I haven't had the gauge display off of it's holder to see how well that would work. One way or another, if you don't like where it is you're probably better off making your own solution now.
I was thinking the same but I admit that my hacksaw/grinder fabricating skills are just slightly better than what a full grown gorilla can accomplish with his bare hands. i gotta beg vendors like stoltec to do the dirty work and come up with something pretty haha

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If you go far enough. And the display is an odd shape, so will still look a bit odd centered. In Doug's case he just wants a bit of clearance for the brake master cylinder after new bars.

Doug, switch do a radial master that doesn't have a big box res. ;)

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Bob, I thought about a salvage unit from a CBR with the raised round reservoir, but I am also thinking about a raised set of bar clamps for a steering damper. The current setup is forged into the lower mount. The mounts are offset because of the cluster design, which means that a bracket would have to be made for a under bar damper setup. The whole thing is goofy. I will get around to it one of these days.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The bar clamps are bolt on, if you reach your fingers under the top triple you can feel the nuts. Pg 4-59 of the Xmas gift shows the triple without the bar mounts. At the bar they have that odd V angle, but I think they are centered side to side? The gauge mounts aren't centered though.

I was thinking GPR or Scotts might come out with a mount above the bars, but maybe that's an issue for the part that attaches to the frame/steering head.

Yeah, that whole area of the 09 is a pain to mod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts