Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
All orders have shipped out! Please send us some installed photos so we can update the website. Enjoy. T
Mine showed up today and I’ll have them installed later this afternoon. I’ll get you some photos to post. Hopefully it’s still sunny out so I can get a photo of their brightness on a sunny day.

sorry, what is the deal here?
listed price is =$62.
so, what is the group price? any discount to this group?
thanks

2013+ FZ 07/09 Proton Signals
Price: $62.00
Availability: 2 - 3 Days
Model: 2013+ FZ Proton Signals
Average Rating: Not Rated
That is the group price. They’re normally $79.99 plus shipping.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
sorry, what is the deal here?
listed price is =$62.
so, what is the group price? any discount to this group?
thanks

2013+ FZ 07/09 Proton Signals
Price: $62.00
Availability: 2 - 3 Days
Model: 2013+ FZ Proton Signals
Average Rating: Not Rated
Group buy price is listed. Get them now. 10 buyers were added to the list and that gave them and a couple others the group price. This will be adjusted back to normal price soon.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got them installed but before I could get photos I ran out of daylight. I did get a photo of how bright they are in direct sunlight. I have to say I am amazed at how bright they are. I mean if you’re close enough they hurt your eyes in even when you’re in sunlight. There is no way people can miss these turn signals. I’ll get some more photos tomorrow and post them.

F977B194-3C45-4FAA-B39F-74AA70901888.jpg

ETA:
My only complaints are that the wires are a bit on the short side and could use an extra 3-4 inches and the programming instructions are a little vague. I couldn’t figure how to adjust the running light brightness but was able to adjust the turn signal modes.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Mine arrive today. I havent installed them yet but Im already really impressed with the design. The way they've simply sunk the LEDs and chip into a solid chunk of what I'd guess is acrylic, is a great idea. Guaranteed waterproof.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine came in today. Removed the TST blinkers and installed the Protons. I love them and so much brighter. My only question is can you adjust the running light light the blinker function? Not really sure why you would but I thought I read where this is possible.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Mine came in today. Removed the TST blinkers and installed the Protons. I love them and so much brighter. My only question is can you adjust the running light light the blinker function? Not really sure why you would but I thought I read where this is possible.
Yes you can. Instructions are on the back of the packaging.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes you can. Instructions are on the back of the packaging.
The instructions are a little confusing. It says to use the magnet while the running lights are on and turn signal off to the adjust the brightness of the running light but the only thing that changed for me was the blink pattern.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The instructions are a little confusing. It says to use the magnet while the running lights are on and turn signal off to the adjust the brightness of the running light but the only thing that changed for me was the blink pattern.
That’s the same problem I was having wasn’t sure if I was doing something wrong. I can change the flash pattern without a problem

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
That’s the same problem I was having wasn’t sure if I was doing something wrong. I can change the flash pattern without a problem
I will try and shoot a video of how to do this and post it up.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
The magnet contact area is the metal stud that you can see in the signal when it's off. Put the magnet up to this and turn on your key. When the light turns on you can then move the magnet away and then bring it back in close to change the running light option. It's easier to tape off the signals so you can see the running light intensity change. It's suttle but can be seen. I need to get my tripod to do a video.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm definitely in for a group buy. I've been looking for an excuse to buy these for a while.

Are there any issues with running these with a sequential tail light turn signal? I've had issues running 2 separate LED pulse modules on the same circuit before on a car.
Shouldn't have a problem on the bike because the flasher relay is what is sending the signal to them to flash, on some cars the ECM is sending the signal and is also looking for a return signal so it knows the signal is working. PWM's can mess with ECM in these cases.
Just a heads up to anyone considering using these with a sequential tail light, it won't work.

Installing them caused my sequential tail light to stop working. I think I can switch my tail light signals to blink, and hopefully that will get it functional, but I'm not confident.

So, for anyone who wants to retain the use of their sequential tail light, you should probably consider other options.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Just a heads up to anyone considering using these with a sequential tail light, it won't work.

Installing them caused my sequential tail light to stop working. I think I can switch my tail light signals to blink, and hopefully that will get it functional, but I'm not confident.

So, for anyone who wants to retain the use of their sequential tail light, you should probably consider other options.
I would say it's your taillight that is causing the problem. We have used our taillight with signals and have no problem.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hat tail light are you using? I want these but have a blaster X tail light.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts