Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spoke with my local dealer, apparently they have a bike locater thru Yamaha and they can see all inventory of all yamaha dealers across the country. And what that says is that there are only 2 unsold grey (I forget the official color name) FZ-09's available............. IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That kinda bums me out. I really like the grey one, especially the wheels. Of course I could change the color of a red or orange one, but I dont want to! I really hope more come in from Yamaha!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I doubt they are all sold. I have seen all 3 U.S. colors in the last few weeks while shopping for my wife's new bike.
It's not exactly in your favor to ship a bike from east TN to SoCal, but Mountain Motorsports in Kodiak TN still had a graphite a couple of weeks ago.....I like the stealthy look of the graphite too, I bought mine less than an hour after it rolled into the dealership.

·
Registered
671 Posts
So I spoke with my local dealer, apparently they have a bike locater thru Yamaha and they can see all inventory of all yamaha dealers across the country. And what that says is that there are only 2 unsold grey (I forget the official color name) FZ-09's available............. IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That kinda bums me out. I really like the grey one, especially the wheels. Of course I could change the color of a red or orange one, but I dont want to! I really hope more come in from Yamaha!!!
???

Yamaha Fz-09 Motorcycles - CycleTrader.com

·
Registered
315 Posts
I too, would have to call BS, on that sold out story.
A local dealer, has a grey one down here to..........does he want to sell you a different color?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Crap Stealerships will tell you anything to push inventory or make you pay a premium. Never trust them.

Do some research before pulling the trigger. Coming on here is a good first step. As you can see this is a lie.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I`ve been looking around the Chattanooga area (N. Georgia, N. Alabama, middle and E. Tennessee) and all they have are red ones. The guy from Sloans Motorcycle in Murfreesboro said the grey ones sell before they are uncrated. If I want a grey one I'll need to put a deposit down and wait for Yamaha. If your not ready to buy ot when it comes in it goes to the next guy on the list. The one they have now is their first red one and it has been on the floor for over two weeks. I really want the grey one but if I have to wait until Q3 or Q4 I'll just wait for the 2015.

·
Registered
151 Posts
there are plenty of bikes out there my dealer had sold 8 already!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Three NJ dealerships near me have Graphite ones that are not spoken for, my guess is they are looking at warehouse numbers as someone else stated or just trying to get you to sign on the dotted line for one.

·
Registered
666 Posts

Check Malcolms in Riverside? They had one over there a couple weeks ago when I went in for service.
I chose to steer clear of Mission Motorsports in Irvine because of the sales attitude over the phone.
"No we don't have any FZ-09s, we don't know when they're coming in, and I don't think anyone else has them either."
Uh, ok. Thanks?
Then drove over to Malcolm's and bought one.
I choose to steer clear of Mission Motosports for service due to the attitude I got from service when I popped in with a rattling cam chain.
"Uh, yeah we don't have a service manual for that bike." (dude doesn't budge from stool)
Yeah but it's rattling right now and I've been having trouble...
"Yeah you'd be better going to Malcolm's since they've been helping you already."
Yeah, I think you're right. I'll keep going to Malcolm's.

I swear they were actively pushing away business and work, and it's not like I came in there acting like some pushy dick customer.

(this all assumes that by Local Dealership, you're referring to Mission.)

·
Registered
336 Posts

Might want to tell him there is one at Apache and one at Ride Now in Phoenix area.......

·
Registered
962 Posts

Wow - several are listed for $6700. I guess that includes a $1290 prep and delivery in order to get a snow plow through...

There are also several grey's listed in California. Print out several pages of grey's and take it in to that dealership. Talk to the owner, tell him that you don't appreciate the salesperson lying to you - and if they want your business then they will have to do better than that.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well thank you for all the info guys! Sounds like the warehouse story might be correct. Either way, I will call around.

And I had called House of Motorcycles, they checked the inventory thing. Mission is strange, I've been there and had great experiences and also terrible ones.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
835 Posts
There are three dealers in my area with a graphite FZ09.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts