Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Greetings from Orlando. Im really interested in this bike, it looks like a ton of fun! Hope those that have one already are enjoying it! To those that do, I have a question. I am a big guy, 6'2", 250lbs. Any big guys like me riding this bike? How does the suspension behave and how is the overall ride quality? This bike is on a short list for next bike honors.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome, the ergos on the bike are really roomy. You won't like the suspension in bumpy corners, especially the shock. I'm not as big as you but more weight won't make things better.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It is fun and yes I'm enjoying it, just wish winter wasn't coming. I'm 6'2" and 195lbs and it fits me just fine. I may adjust the suspension some at some point but right now it's still in break-in so I'm not going balls to the wall and may never, but the suspension is not set horribly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input! Coreytrevor have you adjusted the settings at all? I always set my suspension up on my bikes. Which usually means nearly full stiff. My stock CBR suspension is adequate for me and it was considered stupid soft at the front. I imagine the FZ09 would suit me just fine. It's price is low enough to offset just about anything!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have maxed out front and rear rebound and rear preload. That helped the bouncy rear end a lot. The rear is still harsh and without enough rebound damping. The front is plush but too soft under braking, definitely needs stiffer springs and more damping. There are a few threads about the suspension on here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm the same size and I love mine. The only complaint I have is that the rear brake lever is too high to have a natural foot position, but I think that will be an easy fix. It is an amazing machine for the price. :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm the same size and I love mine. The only complaint I have is that the rear brake lever is too high to have a natural foot position, but I think that will be an easy fix. It is an amazing machine for the price. :)
I do have the same issue. When I relax my foot, it activates the brake. I find myself moving my foot so that the ball of my foot is on the peg, not the heel.

Easily adjusted, don't forget to adjust the brake light switch at the same time like I did!
how is this adjustment done to both light and lever?

·
Registered
275 Posts
There is a locknut on the rod that goes from the pedal to the master cylinder, loosen the nut then turn the rod to get the pedal where you like it and tighten the nut. The switch is the black thing with the wire to it. It has a nut also. Do the pedal adjust first, then get the brake light to work when you push the pedal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts