Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, this forum came up fast!
Name's Matt and I'm in Colorado. Former owner of a Buell XB12S, but my first bike was a FZR 400. Been looking for a new bike and I'm a fan of the triple engine. Been looking at Street/Speed Triples and really like the Brutale 800 (just not the price and lack of dealers).
When the Yamaha was announced, it seemed like the exact combination I've been looking for! Ready to put down my deposit, but I just need to see one in person as I want to see how the reach to the ground is because I'm a bit of a short arse (hence the screen name)!:p

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Haha! Welcome man! I think that this is almost the perfectly logical choice then. Yamaha dealers are all over the place. I have a Triumph twin and the dealers are a little scarce, so that means I have had to do a lot myself. Kind of a blessing in disguise, but it would be nice to know that I had some local backup if i really screwed the pooch on something.

·
Administrator
178 Posts
Can I pile on without a penalty flag? Welcome, Matt. You're right...this is gonna be one sweet bike. I'm curious what sportbikes they have planned with this engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! Thanks for the welcome all! I look forward to being around and seeing what everyone has to say!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone from Indiana.

I'm on a Fz6r right now, plan to keep my Fz6r for commuting/touring and buy a Fz-09 to play around on when I have the credit available, late 2014-early 15.I just thought it make sense to join a little early and get to know the community as it grows while I wait.I'm happy to be here and appreciate the forum.

·
Administrator
178 Posts
Welcome aboard, blue! If this site goes like most for new bikes, you'll be able to grab some really good tech info here, too. Helps to know about the mods that work from folks that have already done it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts