Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I signed up about a month ago when I bought my FZ and been poking around here for ideas. Got quite a few good ones so I thought it was time to at least introduce myself. Truth is interacting in a forum is completely new to me. I'm semi-old and have completely avoided face-book & the like but the idea of sharing thoughts and ideas with a great motorcycle as the common thread appeals to me. I've been riding for over 45 years and have owned just about every type & brand of motorcycle you can think of. The FZ-09 has the potential of being the most fun I've had on a street bike in a long time. I've already done a lot of "the usual" things to my FZ (with help from this forum) and will try to get some photos together for the build forum soon. I've got some parts I made on it (got an old mill & lathe in the garage) that some may find interesting. Anyway I'm looking forward to swapping stories and ideas with ya'all

Yours truly,
H.S. Lanechange

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've got some parts I made on it (got an old mill & lathe in the garage) that some may find interesting. Anyway I'm looking forward to swapping stories and ideas with ya'all
Welcome semi-old dude. Having a mill and lathe in the garage is a dream of mine. It would be great to see what custom touches you came up with so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I signed up about a month ago when I bought my FZ and been poking around here for ideas. Got quite a few good ones so I thought it was time to at least introduce myself. Truth is interacting in a forum is completely new to me. I'm semi-old and have completely avoided face-book & the like but the idea of sharing thoughts and ideas with a great motorcycle as the common thread appeals to me. I've been riding for over 45 years and have owned just about every type & brand of motorcycle you can think of. The FZ-09 has the potential of being the most fun I've had on a street bike in a long time. I've already done a lot of "the usual" things to my FZ (with help from this forum) and will try to get some photos together for the build forum soon. I've got some parts I made on it (got an old mill & lathe in the garage) that some may find interesting. Anyway I'm looking forward to swapping stories and ideas with ya'all

Yours truly,
H.S. Lanechange
Pictures pleaseeee.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Just saying hello so that I can follow your topic. If you are semi-old, I guess I am must be semi-ancient and also have a similar setup in my garage/shop. I am curious to see what you have done and plan on doing.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome Harry! :) I consider myself almost-there-old... just starting to get a bit creaky. ;) Yes, looking forward to the pics...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome Aboard Harry.

I am not as crafty as you, I made a wooden motorcycle once.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Chopper

and then a big bunny

Landmark Monument Statue Sky Rock

and now I am thinking I should make a giant wooden badger next.

Adaptation Middle ages

1 - 9 of 9 Posts