Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-

I determined it was finally time to create a profile and become a contributor on these forums. I've been on the outside looking in for the better part of the past 3 months or so now, so I feel familiar with a lot of the active discussions.

I picked up my liquid graphite 09 in WV (best price within 200 miles by far.... more to come on this soon enough) right before Thanksgiving time. Unfortunately the weather has been brutal here on the East Coast, and I've been following this site/ other YT vids just to get my fix until the weather comes around (Seems like beating a dead horse, but I too have a story about the tires failing me... ) In any case, I look forward to being more involved!

Kisch

·
Registered
337 Posts
Welcome Kisch, congrats on the bike purchase. This time of year is perfect to make any modifications you have planned, my bike will be rolling out of the garage this spring with a ton of mods - helps pass the winter months!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Welcome from a fellow East coaster.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Kisch, congrats on the bike purchase. This time of year is perfect to make any modifications you have planned, my bike will be rolling out of the garage this spring with a ton of mods - helps pass the winter months!
Thanks for the welcome, all!

As for mods, I've only got one on the bike so far: Bar end mirrors, which totally increased the rear visibility and look wayyy better in my opinion. I'll eventually get some pictures up.

As for others I'm considering, M4 Carbon slip on- which I know people have mixed feelings about (love to hear more opinions)... and I'm also considering the integrated tail light that Hurtz and Niner are promoting on this forum. I'm still unsure if I like the fender elimnated look or not.... but if I do, where are people relocating the license plate to?

·
Registered
337 Posts

As for mods, I've only got one on the bike so far: Bar end mirrors, which totally increased the rear visibility and look wayyy better in my opinion. I'll eventually get some pictures up.

As for others I'm considering, M4 Carbon slip on- which I know people have mixed feelings about (love to hear more opinions)... and I'm also considering the integrated tail light that Hurtz and Niner are promoting on this forum. I'm still unsure if I like the fender elimnated look or not.... but if I do, where are people relocating the license plate to?
Would love to see the mirror setup, which ones did you use?

Fender eliminators will still have mounts of the plate, depending on brand they even include the needed legal plate light. I personally used the R&G and it came out great (It does require wiring/heat shrink/soldering), looks like Evotech also makes a nice version.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Welcome!

Yes, bar end mirrors are great! Which ones did you go with? I installed the CRG "Arrow" mirrors and am very pleased with them thus far.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts

As for others I'm considering, M4 Carbon slip on- which I know people have mixed feelings about (love to hear more opinions)... and I'm also considering the integrated tail light that Hurtz and Niner are promoting on this forum. I'm still unsure if I like the fender eliminated look or not.... but if I do, where are people relocating the license plate to?
I just bought CRG Hindsight mirrors and bar end mounts - came in the other day - hopefully can put them on this weekend. Pumped to get rid of the antenna mirrors!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Greeting fellow Philadelphian! I just saw another guy from Philly today on the forum too, weirsteve.
Do you live in the city or the burbs? I am in center city...looking forward to getting out and riding (sometime soon?...wishful thinking)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would love to see the mirror setup, which ones did you use?

Fender eliminators will still have mounts of the plate, depending on brand they even include the needed legal plate light. I personally used the R&G and it came out great (It does require wiring/heat shrink/soldering), looks like Evotech also makes a nice version.
I picked up some cheap circlular mirrors on Amazon for $20ish UNIVERSAL FOLDABLE 2 ROTATION BLACK 3" ROUND BAR END MIRRORS FOR 7/8" HANDLEBAR WITH ALUMINUM MOUNT BUSHING SLEEVES FOR YAMAHA YZF 600 1000 R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 FZ6R FZ600 FAZER FZ8 FZ09 - Amazon.com

I was skepitcal about them at first but didn't want to pay Rizoma prices. A pain to install, but they work great and I definitely recommend them.

As for the fender eliminator, what I was trying to refer to is the thread: Feeler: LED taillight with integrated turn signals! (not sure how to link threads, yet). The mod would take the signal function from the fender, and move it up to the actual tail light. So the only other purpose for the fender would be license plate holding. I'm considering an option to mount the plate under the seat somehow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Greeting fellow Philadelphian! I just saw another guy from Philly today on the forum too, weirsteve.
Do you live in the city or the burbs? I am in center city...looking forward to getting out and riding (sometime soon?...wishful thinking)
More south toward Greenville, DE. Definitely hoping the weather breaks soon though. It seems like a few guys with FZs are in the Philly area!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts