Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my story. This spring I decide that the time as come for me to take motorcycle license. At 38 years old it was now or never. So I did get my learner's licence (6A class over here in Québec) and was ready to purchase a new Street Triple when thenFZ09 appear on the Yamaha Motor Canadian website...

Few days later I was in the Yamaha showrom explaining that I was here to purchase the new FZ09! Vendor tell me "You must mean the FZ8, there is no FZ09 in Yamaha lineup..." Eh buddy come over your computer and Google it... 10 minutes later on june 13th my 500 $ deposit was givin to dealership and I left home with a contract in my pocket.

Took delevery on october 2nd of a liquid graphite FZ09 (052). They wait me at the dealer to put the battery and seat. Then to hand me the key and ask me to commit the first start.

With the smile I had I sure look pretty stupid but wow I was Happy!

Came back home with it and did my first oil change myself at 300 miles. Next day I did my longest ride 325 miles of pure joy. Now cold weather is overhere and already got some light snow. FZ is alone in the garage but I look foward to maybe do last ride this week end if weather is good. Then gaz stab, tank top up, new oil (will keep the old oil filter on for winter since I will change everythig back next season on start up), batterie tender and a good wash.

Love every minute of this bike and now hate winter more than ever :D

Thanks for reading

SAGFZ09

Envoyé de mon GT-P5113 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
611 Posts
Here is my story. This spring I decide that the time as come for me to take motorcycle license. At 38 years old it was now or never. So I did get my learner's licence (6A class over here in Québec) and was ready to purchase a new Street Triple when thenFZ09 appear on the Yamaha Motor Canadian website...

Few days later I was in the Yamaha showrom explaining that I was here to purchase the new FZ09! Vendor tell me "You must mean the FZ8, there is no FZ09 in Yamaha lineup..." Eh buddy come over your computer and Google it... 10 minutes later on june 13th my 500 $ deposit was givin to dealership and I left home with a contract in my pocket.

Took delevery on october 2nd of a liquid graphite FZ09 (052). They wait me at the dealer to put the battery and seat. Then to hand me the key and ask me to commit the first start.

With the smile I had I sure look pretty stupid but wow I was Happy!

Came back home with it and did my first oil change myself at 300 miles. Next day I did my longest ride 325 miles of pure joy. Now cold weather is overhere and already got some light snow. FZ is alone in the garage but I look foward to maybe do last ride this week end if weather is good. Then gaz stab, tank top up, new oil (will keep the old oil filter on for winter since I will change everythig back next season on start up), batterie tender and a good wash.

Love every minute of this bike and now hate winter more than ever :D

Thanks for reading

SAGFZ09

Welcome! Glad ya got to get a long ride in before the snow came! Now, it is time to do some modifications so you can ride the sh/t out of it after winter =)

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Made in Quebec buddy! Born & raise in the South suburbs of Montreal. Land of poutines and strip clubs! LOL

Been in the States since end of 2000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
611 Posts
Never heard of poutines, but Holy Smokes why hasn't the U.S latched on to that yet??

poutine.JPG

Looks like the ultimate hangover dish!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Made in Quebec buddy! Born & raise in the South suburbs of Montreal. Land of poutines and strip clubs! LOL

Been in the States since end of 2000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Well nice to meet you my friend. Yeap, poutine is the meal to be eated after those crazy night at the "danseuses" it help push the beer down.... or up depend how many are taken (beer)

See ya buddy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never heard of poutines, but Holy Smokes why hasn't the U.S latched on to that yet??

View attachment 698

Looks like the ultimate hangover dish!
You have no idea my friend what you are missing, lol

http://www.esquire.com/features/food-drink/late-night-0912/poutine

Look carefully there is some poutine on your side two... if not, start to make some and be rich. The gravy is imp8rtant but the cheese must "squick, squick" ;)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Greetings from the Maritimes Sag! Hope the snow holds off for a while... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts