Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow FZ09 nuts! I had been looking for something resembling a standard motorcycle for a while now and was even considering a new Bonnie... then this little gem came along and I had to have it. Truthfully, the original naked bike I lusted after was Kawasaki's Z750 Black edition, but it wasn't made available here... then they announced the Z800... not available here, again. Their loss is Yamaha's gain (and mine)! Hope to learn from the folks here and pass on any info i might discover on my own. Cheers! :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Welcome aboard! Lol, land of chain saws and dump trucks =)

·
Registered
558 Posts
I was considering a Scrambler myself, but this thing is just a better value ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome here from an other Canadian. You have made the great choice to take an fz-09. I`m dreaming of it, as I will not buy it before spring, it will be a long winter :S

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad for you, that you got the Yam.
So much more fun :)
What color did you go for?

Oh, and welcome :)
I went for the red... it didn't look all that hot in the pictures, but it's much nicer in person... has a fine sparkle in the sun. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome, and grats! Mind posting your bike info on the VIN list thread? (link in my sig)

What are the roads like around there? Does the 'ol Maple Leaf keep the roads in good shape with all the weather?
Info posted! :)

Most of the main roads are in good shape, but some of the back roads here are pretty rough in spots... bumpy multi-level, broken pavement... sometimes turning into no pavement on the older, less travelled roads. Very challenging, but fun if you like threading the needle thru that six inch wide clear line through the corner between the potholes in the wheel tracks and the sand/gravel along the edge of the pavement. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts