Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiyas, I have been lurking for a few weeks and as the pick up date is nearly at hand I thought I'd introduce myself. I am buying a 2014 FZ-09 in Blazing Orange. It was traded in late last year at the dealership I work for and a little while back I got the chance to play with it a little. I had an "OMG must have it!" moment and snatched this little lady up. So here she is, 1,800 miles on her and came with a M4 slip on, Yamaha short wind screen and luggage rack, rear fender eliminator, and a Corbin seat. Before I take her home I'm going to add case covers and soft bags from Yamaha as well as TechSpec tank grip set. Short term plans are to ditch the luggage rack, put the stock seat back on, add braided brake lines, and swap the stock tires out for a set of Pilot Road 4s. After that I'll be using it as my commuter and weekend toy and see what strikes me as the next system to tinker with. For full disclosure, yep I sell parts and accessories for a Yamaha dealership. We're multi-line, carrying 5 brands from Japan and the U.S. I wanted to say that I've enjoyed using the forums for info and reviews thus far and hope to have a long relationship with the site and my new baby.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome! Where in Georgia? The FZ-09 is a much sweeter bike than I imagined. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I have mine. I was actually debating between buying an FZ-09 or waiting for the Suzuki GSXS-S750. So glad I didn't. I actually have to give my wife credit, since she's the one that talked me into just going for it...... just curious, though: why are you planning on ditching the Corbin?

·
Registered
654 Posts
welcome to the board, I have the same corbin seat, its WAY better than the stock one, if you do go stock, keep the corbin for a bit, chances are you well go back to it

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your great purchase. Beautiful color. Enjoy!

·
Banned
739 Posts
Congrats and Welcome

Anyone can answer this: Why do guys make mods to a brand new bike then keep it for less than one year? I plan on keeping mine several years.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the Machine!

Awesome bike!
Great seat!
Color okay. :)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Congrats and Welcome

Anyone can answer this: Why do guys make mods to a brand new bike then keep it for less than one year? I plan on keeping mine several years.
Because... they can't stand the heat! (wife is sick of their droning on and on about how special the bike is. they've not learned to contain their exceeding joy when in the company of non-FZ enthusiasts. dummies.)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the FZ-09 community

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone, I'm excited to jump into the new project. I will give the Corbin seat an extended tryout, but my initial impressions were that it was an attempt to get a comfy cruiser type seat onto a sporty bike. I'm leaning toward swapping out for a Saddlemen but I'll think it over once I've got another couple thousand miles on the bike.

As far as someone trading it in so quickly, I am in a position to answer that since I know why the previous owner traded and what he traded for. The original owner was older, over 6' tall, in the 230+ lbs range, and always rode 2 up with his wife and light luggage. He had been on cruisers/Harleys for quite some time but fell in love with the triple cylinder engine and look of the bike so he decided he had to have it. It's just a case of what he liked wasn't the best option for his riding style. He was a cruiser guy so he traded for a Harley Night Train.

So, in any event, a big win for me!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Anyone can answer this: Why do guys make mods to a brand new bike then keep it for less than one year?
Maybe because they didn't like it after a short ownership?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts