Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 2013 mat grey fz8 in june & still dont have 1,000mi on it. dealer said my bike & $1,000 would put me on the seat of an 09. both of these bikes need better shocks so there goes another grand. i should spend the dollars on the fz8 suspension. i like the way it runs & looks & is 200lbs lighter than my old road star warrior. i also like the 09. what to do

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Serious question, now that you've had the FZ8 for a while, how do you like it compared to the Warrior? Apples and oranges obviously, but I'm curious what you do & don't like about both bikes.

I currently own a Warrior and a SV1000, the SV will be replaced by the FZ09 once it arrives at my dealer. But I'm not sure about the Warrior yet, I love the bike but I think I would enjoy it so much more if it was lighter. Kind of worried I won't want to ride the Warrior anymore once I pick the FZ up.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Welcome to the site. I couldn't imagine switching from a brand new bike to another brand new bike. It sounds like they may be offering an okay deal, but coming up with another $1000 after just buying the FZ8 a few months ago? That would be tough. I kinda like the look of the FZ8, never rode one, but I know it is based of my FZ1. Mildly disappointing, considering the FZ1 weighs less than the FZ8, and has more power. I think the FZ8 fell a little short, which is a shame. Most likely why they decided to bring out the FZ09 just 3 years after the FZ8. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts