Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Morning,

My name is James and I bought my yellow 2015 FZ09 brand new on Dec 30th. I'm in the military and I had to go out to sea for a while right after I got it, so I've barely put 500 miles on it since I've had it. The snow here in Virginia certainly didn't help my riding ambitions, either. However, I absolutely LOVE that motorcycle. The torque and sound of the triple makes me smile no matter what. I've put my first round of mods on the bike in the last week, which are listed in my signature. The next mods on deck will be suspension mods, rearsets, and stainless steel brake lines.

I am originally from Milwaukee, WI, but as I said, I'm in the military (Navy, since 2010) and currently stationed in the Hampton Roads areas of VA, where the riding is not so great. I also have a 2009 FZ6 that I did NOT trade in, because I love that bike too. It has a great deal of sentimental value to me, and is a very complimentary bike to the FZ09. It's very versatile. Unfortunately, since I've lived here in VA I've been gone out to sea A LOT and haven't been able to ride nearly as much as I'd like to, but when I'm around I get it in.

In addition to motorcycles, I my interests are guns/shooting, engineering topics (my educational background), archery, video games (Xbox One/PS4 - if anyone wants to exchange gamertags), working out, and tinkering in my garage with just about anything. I miss my family very much and will be moving back home to Milwaukee permanently in July of this year.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this online community and am excited to share photos and ideas with everyone.

Cheers!

-James

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim

·
Registered
654 Posts
welcome to the board and thank you for your service. I bought mine the day after you......getting miles in when I can between snow storms and ice storms here

Reactions: uwbse09

·
Registered
987 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome to the club. Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the MACHINE!
Lots of bike for the dough.
Lots of fun mod possibilities.
Lots of great info here...Forum.
Nice set of bikes.
Thx for your service (vet here).
Glad you've joined us.
ENJOY!!!

Reactions: uwbse09

·
Registered
852 Posts
5 years of service. Thank you very much

Congrats on the 09. Many miles of smiles to come. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much for the warm welcome, all.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
welcome and thanks for your service. Great community here - lots of stuff to learn and tinker with. Hope you have deep pockets! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Welcome, congrats, and thank you for your service...........WI though????? Ain't that place up North where it gets real cold in the winter? :cool:

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, it sure does...it's also the land of Harley Davidson. Most folks ride cruisers in those parts. Erik Buell Racing is also there, which is really cool.

I guess winters will be spent doing mods.

·
Registered
241 Posts
WELCOME to the family, is that yellow FZ-09 really that much faster than the other colors like i've been hearing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't speak for the other colors, but I do know yellow is rip-the-handlebars-out-of-your-hands-if-you're-not-careful fast.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Welcome to the best danged forum on the internet, and your excellent taste in motorcycles. Thanks for you service from a fellow traveler. Enjoy you ride when you can.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys,

New to this forum.
Currently own a Kawi Meanstreak 1500
Took a bad pothole last season and hurt my back still recovering, Chiro & yoga starting to feel better.
Riding season will start here at the earliest 4-5 weeks from now, live in the great white north.
Looking at 2015 FZ09 thinking the riding position would be better for someone will lower back issues.
Can anyone give me feedback, love to hear from you guys.

Smiley

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Good Morning,

My name is James and I bought my yellow 2015 FZ09 brand new on Dec 30th. I'm in the military and I had to go out to sea for a while right after I got it, so I've barely put 500 miles on it since I've had it. The snow here in Virginia certainly didn't help my riding ambitions, either. However, I absolutely LOVE that motorcycle. The torque and sound of the triple makes me smile no matter what. I've put my first round of mods on the bike in the last week, which are listed in my signature. The next mods on deck will be suspension mods, rearsets, and stainless steel brake lines.

I am originally from Milwaukee, WI, but as I said, I'm in the military (Navy, since 2010) and currently stationed in the Hampton Roads areas of VA, where the riding is not so great. I also have a 2009 FZ6 that I did NOT trade in, because I love that bike too. It has a great deal of sentimental value to me, and is a very complimentary bike to the FZ09. It's very versatile. Unfortunately, since I've lived here in VA I've been gone out to sea A LOT and haven't been able to ride nearly as much as I'd like to, but when I'm around I get it in.

In addition to motorcycles, I my interests are guns/shooting, engineering topics (my educational background), archery, video games (Xbox One/PS4 - if anyone wants to exchange gamertags), working out, and tinkering in my garage with just about anything. I miss my family very much and will be moving back home to Milwaukee permanently in July of this year.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this online community and am excited to share photos and ideas with everyone.

Cheers!

-James

View attachment 13694
Welcome James. Quite the bio you have. Similar to someone I know.

My name also is James, Jim to everybody I know. I did my service in the Navy. I retired from an engineering career and live 45 minutes north of Milwaukee between West Bend and Jackson. My birthday is the same day you bought your FZ, Dec 30th. My wife and I like shooting. I have a fair assortment, including a 30 cal German Luger and my wife shoots a 9mm Beretta PX4. I also shoot a bow. Sorry, I'm not a gamer. Most of my computer time is on this site. Great group of individuals here. Oh, did I mention my 2015 FZ-09? Weird or what? All true though.

PM me for contact info and let me know when you're back in Milwaukee. I look forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Welcome uwbse09, and thank you for your service and that goes for all peace keeping service men and women no matter what the country. :)

p.s. - so far I haven't seen a photo of a yellow 09 that shows it's true colours, they look way better in person.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Having grown up in the Milwaukee area, I can tell you, that you have several local tracks close by, if a track day interests you.

As you most likely know, the best riding in Wisconsin, is the west side of the state. I would rank it as good, as some of the Ozarks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you everybody for the great responses!

Rayminator- I will most definiely be interested in a track day when I return home. There is some beautiful country in WI, and the Milwaukee metro area is also rich in motorcycle heritage, namely Harley Davidson (north side of Milwaukee) and Erik Buell Racing in East Troy. I think the 1190RX/SX are some wicked machines. I'd love to tour their facility if possible.

Rocky MTN FZ09 - I completely agree about the yellow color. They look amazing in person. Since I can't ride right now, each day when I get home from work I go straight to the garage and start the bikes to let them run for 10 or 15 minutes. I just stare longingly at them.

Tigershark - Those are some uncanny similarities. I'll be sending you a PM.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the support.

P.S. - I've been reading on here about the EJK fuel controller. It seems great - can anyone shed some light in a PM or otherwise? I'm debating between that and a PCV to pair with my Yoshi R-77.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also - a very humble thank you to all the military, police, and firefighters in this forum; active, retired, separated...whatever. Thank you for your service.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts