Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I will try to make this a clear as possible.

Installed Graves turn signals front and rear.

With the key just on On all 4 are lit and left or right signal will not work nor will the emergency switch. Nothing changes they just stay solid lit.

With the bike started and running all 4 stay lit but I can use the turn signals. So say I put the left signal on, the left side will blink and the right stays solid lit. Emergency works too.

With the key on Park all 4 are lit but I can use turn signals and emergency switch.

Checked fuses and didn't find any blown. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot one thing in park, on and bike running the green light on the dash to tell you your signal is on is solid. It will blink when the turn or emergency is on but stays fully lit in every other case. Not sure if that helps at all.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Forgot one thing in park, on and bike running the green light on the dash to tell you your signal is on is solid. It will blink when the turn or emergency is on but stays fully lit in every other case. Not sure if that helps at all.
Ok, so in neutral with bike on, and turn signals off or not activated, the turn signal indicator is showing solid green? and then when you activate the turn signals either direction, do they blink at a normal rate? Or are they blinking fast or constantly lit up? did the turn signal kit come with resistors?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Not positive as I don't have aftermarket blinkers but some members have had success adding a blinker genie by CustomLED.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct solid green on dash.

Blink at normal rate because I have installed a led resister.

Sorry guys I knew this was going to be a tough one to describe.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have these with no other modification to the electrical and work fine. Try taking out the LED resistor and seeing what happens then.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Correct solid green on dash.

Blink at normal rate because I have installed a led resister.

Sorry guys I knew this was going to be a tough one to describe.
How many resisters did it come with? how many did you install? I was under the impression that you would need one resistor for each turn signal... but then again im no expert so some one else please comment on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts