Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: fz9

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Each new part i buy, i said it was the last, too much money invest on this bike in only 5000km but it was impossible to resist to this part, like so many others parts, it was unbelivable that there are so many parts available for a 1 year only bike, a money pitt but so addictive ;-)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shift linkage have to come off but i think you need the Evotech chain guard for a balanced look, with the cheap plastic chain guard in place, it will be out of place for me!

Reactions: JustWantToRide

·
Registered
224 Posts
What happens to the hose clamp with this cover? Jean-roch can you post a pic of the cover on your bike with the evotech guard?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just order them, not received, i will post pic of evotech chain guard on facebook page because i have never be able to post pics on this site!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Their photo shows none of the drain hosea that are there. Also, it doesn't show all of the chain lube fling off that accumulates in that area. At least a proper cover keeps all of that nasty mess from view.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The bike in the pic does not have the emissions canister which is why the hoses are missing. The design of this cover allows you to keep the sprocket area clean of debris without having to remove the oem full cover. Also it does a good job of protecting the sprocket by shielding the upper portion where the chain is fed. They use a similar piece on the R1 and R6 race bikes.

Graves designs parts that are function and performance centric, style and 'bling' are secondary.

It all comes down to what your own presences are, if you want simple and clean design this part is perfect. If your looking for 'bling' Yamaha now offers a cover for $100.00 more.

Reactions: FlyinZeroNine

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
What happens to the hose clamp with this cover? Jean-roch can you post a pic of the cover on your bike with the evotech guard?
If you need to leave the hoses in place, there is still a clip on the bottom side of the stator cover. The hoses themselves are pretty solid and do not flex much.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
The bike in the pic does not have the emissions canister which is why the hoses are missing.
The hoses he is referring to are the fuel tank vent hoses which I'm pretty sure all of our bikes have..they just conveniently removed them in their advertising photos.

Reactions: JustWantToRide

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The hoses he is referring to are the fuel tank vent hoses which I'm pretty sure all of our bikes have..they just conveniently removed them in their advertising photos.
nice catch.. my mistake, they are for the fuel tank.. but they are definitely not on that bike. I know because I've ridden that same exact bike in the pics. I have to check, but the fuel tank hoses may have been re-routed or removed. I do know the gas tank on that bike has some modifications of its own.

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If they have their own exhaust on the photo bike, they most likely routed the hoses (if they did keep them) underneath near the shock... since there's no big nasty Cat can in the way.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
after taking a closer look at the manual, one of those hoses goes to canister and the other is a fuel overflow line that leads up to the gas cap. The gas tank was gutted, so the overflow hose is no longer needed. This is why both hoses are not present.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
According to my tech, you can unplug this 2 hoses and completely remove it or cut it shorter under the tank to avoid to have this visible on the left side of the bike, one is for the overflow when tank is to full or in hot day when fuel expend and the other is an air inlet they dont need to be so long but avoid to overfill the fuel tank on hot day is better to avoid the fuel overflow to leak on the motor if you remove or cut this hoses ;-)

·
Registered
154 Posts
In the photo it shows that it is flipped to GP style shifting all be it with an aftermarket linkage. My question would be is does this cover provide you the needed clearance to swap the stock linkage over to GP style shift with no additional modifications required.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
In the photo it shows that it is flipped to GP style shifting all be it with an aftermarket linkage. My question would be is does this cover provide you the needed clearance to swap the stock linkage over to GP style shift with no additional modifications required.
You should ask Chuck himself, that's his personal FZ-09 in those pics. He's on the other forum and I know he answers questions on there.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i like the exposed look of the countershaft sprocket area so i removed the stock cover and run it wide open. takes less than 10 minutes and costs nothing. reuse two of the cover bolts, spacers and grommets to hold the upper chain guide in place.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts