Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just installed a set of graves LEDs on the front of my FZ and they are only working as turn signals. The rear are still stock. I bought these because they worked as running lights for other people. Any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
The front signals have to three wire...and the rear signals are two wire.

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
There is going to be three wires on the plug that is part of the original Yamaha wiring harness, but if there is only two wires on the Graves unit, that means that it doesn't function as a running light.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand the 3 wire vs 2 wire. I'm confused because when I searched these lights they worked for other forum members as running lights. That was why I went with these instead of watsens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bags were labeled left and right. Is it possible they were opposite? If they were would they still blink? Thanks for the replies:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello, I just installed a set of graves LEDs on the front of my FZ and they are only working as turn signals. The rear are still stock. I bought these because they worked as running lights for other people. Any idea what it could be?
Mine worked as both running light and turn signals. Worked great...until I washed my bike for the first time. After that the running lights both were out. Turn signals still work. Checked the power at the connector and all works great. Problem is not in my bike. Haven't had time to contact Graves to ask about this. Bummed out because I got these for easy of installation and the running light turn signal combo :(

·
Registered
438 Posts
Mine never worked as running lights... And I'm pretty positive I tested both on both sides
Wth is going on here? There has to be an explanation why they work for some of us but not others. There cant be that many faulty units can there? Not for $100! I could see if they were $20 signals bit these things should have excellent quality control at that price.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Mine worked as both running light and turn signals. Worked great...until I washed my bike for the first time. After that the running lights both were out. Turn signals still work. Checked the power at the connector and all works great. Problem is not in my bike. Haven't had time to contact Graves to ask about this. Bummed out because I got these for easy of installation and the running light turn signal combo :(
They seemed to be completely sealed other than the wire harness so I wonder what could have happened.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine do have 3 wires. Tried them on both sides today and still no running lights. It's not the bike because I tried the originals and they work fine. I emailed graves on Friday but haven't heard back yet. Definitely not happy with them only working as signals.

·
Registered
113 Posts
They seemed to be completely sealed other than the wire harness so I wonder what could have happened.
They look sealed to me too. I didn't hit it with high pressure from my garden hose either. Could be some how a tiny bit of water in the plug that shorted out the running light circuit inside the light. Just weird that both "burned" (for lack of a better term) out at the same time. I could live with it as turn signals only if they where cheap lights. But for tat kind of money I would think they'd be pretty good in the wet. Maybe a bad batch? :confused:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
12 Participants
FZ_ATX
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing