Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some info for those that have installed these plates....I installed mine yesterday the the one on the right (as sitting on the bike) had the internals come out with the plate while i was removing it...I want to say i payed attention to how it come out but want to be certain i installed it correctly...Question is, the screw HEAD on the internal part is on the inside toward the engine and i can see threads of the same screw on the internal part holding the reeds on as i put the graves cover on, thats how i have it put together anyway just want to be certain this is correct looked at a schematic but it doesn't show how it goes together Thanks in advance and hope it makes since

·
Registered
251 Posts
I did this yesterday, I removed all the internals except for the plates with the rubber gasket. All the attached parts from underneath the plates (reeds etc) were all removed, the the graves plates installed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im confused why would you remove the internals underneath the plates (reeds) when the instructions say nothing about nor when I watched the STG (sport track gear) video they did not remove nothing underneath the plates?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sounds like you have it right OP. As long as you installed the plates with the G facing the fan I think it is, then I dont think you can put them in wrong. There is a DIY on graves website to double check.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I did this yesterday, I removed all the internals except for the plates with the rubber gasket. All the attached parts from underneath the plates (reeds etc) were all removed, the the graves plates installed.
Could you post a picture of what you removed besides the oem plates and ais?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im confused why would you remove the internals underneath the plates (reeds) when the instructions say nothing about nor when I watched the STG (sport track gear) video they did not remove nothing underneath the plates?
You DO NOT REMOVE the reeds or reed valves!! The ONLY parts that do not go back on our the original plates that had the hose connections to them the hoses that connect to the airbox and the solenoid. Remember the new plates are going to be bolted on in the same manner as the old ones. On the FCO nine the plates can only fit one way the right one is completely unique to the left one there completely different thread patterns. The only mistake you could possibly do is if you install them upside down which then it wouldn’t fit. Be sure to put blue Loctite glue on the threads before you take them down or they will just vibrate loose. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts