Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Performed well on Super slab and in town. Seat is good, position is upright but easy to lean into. I know this is messed up but this is gonna be my winter bike. Also HOPE to use it on BLM unpaved roads,

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
If your legs get cold while riding, rest them on the engine block :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Congrats on your new ride!

Winter bike in Chicago. You are one crazy mofo! =)

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I can't keep up with all the new postings in here of guys that have gotten their bikes......

CONGRATS TO ALL......

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.. I do not miss Chicago winters.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Performed well on Super slab and in town. Seat is good, position is upright but easy to lean into. I know this is messed up but this is gonna be my winter bike. Also HOPE to use it on BLM unpaved roads,
Where around in Chicago? I have an fz8 and have been considering going to the fz9 next year. If you're ever around south loop would love to meet to check out bike. Congrats on ride.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live on the north end of Lake Shore Drive near Foster. The faults of this bike are what make it such a hoot to ride. Like pogoing on acceleration/braking. U know something is going on. I caught a headwind doing 90 mph.No fairing. I knew somthing was going on. Both of these would be non-issues on the FZ1. People gonna compare the two. In fact they are quite different. Pogoing not so bad at all on stock setting. Gonna fine tune suspension today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts