Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been in contact with GPR Stabilizers, they sent me an email this morning about a product update. :D

A unit has been developed for the '09, and is finished and ready for production. They are currently working on the speedo mount? Should be finished in a week was the time mentioned, and up on the website. Dont know much about dampers as I havent had one on any of the bikes I have owned, so not sure what they mean by the speedo mount but I am sure a lot of the members here will know and could shed some light on that. Dave McKenna has one of the GPR units on his '09 stunt bike, but that apparently is a different style mount that was developed in conjunction with a total new billet triple tree, and he also uses bar risers. So it wont be the same.....but a similar unit. Most of the GPR units look similar across all bikes anyways. The new unit/kit should be compatible with the stock parts from what I understand from the info contained in the email communications with them.

I know a lot of the members here are or have been interested in a damper for this bike, so thought it was well worth a mention. Keep an eye out on the GPR website over the next week or two for the part to become available. Would love if the speedo mount relocates it to the centre of the view, instead of offset. Although........I suppose that is some of the character of the bike lol.

Keep an eye out guys!!!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
They are going to have to replace the standard offset handlebar mounts to fit the GPR under the bars, which means that they will have to design a new mount bracket for the gauge assembly. That is good news for me. The only thing is that the bars will be raised, so lower bars might be needed. I know of no other motorcycle that has staggered fatbar handlebar mounts like the FZ came with.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Will the GPR be above or below the bars?
The new unit/kit should be compatible with the stock parts from what I understand from the info contained in the email communications with them.
Makes it sound like above, I hope so.

Thanks for getting the info from GPR and posting it. Whoever gets more info about the GPR please post it in this thread.

Does GPR make handle bars too? Clubmans for the 09 would be nice. Probably a long shot lol.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Looks like the GPR bar mounts position the speedo the same left-right as stock. I was planing on my own speedo remount anyway.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
GPR is mounted and ready to go. I will ride in to work tomorrow to get it dialed in. Starting at 5 clicks. I also, used a spacer and longer bolts to raise the dash up off my brake reservoir.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts