Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the GP cartridges installed around 8 weeks ago.

The stock air gap was 150mm which was reduced to 100mm with the new suspension.

I have everything set to full soft with .85kg springs.

The bike clearly handles a lot better (obviously) but on the rebound stroke, you can hear what I assume is the oil flowing through the internals.

I have had a few suggestions as to what it might be, based on similar issues with other bikes from other owners, I want to throw this out to the collective to see what people think.

Ideas?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Traxion Dynamics AK 20 cartridges make a lot of "swooshing" noise when parked and pushing up and down on the forks. It's supposed to do that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Traxion Dynamics AK 20 cartridges make a lot of "swooshing" noise when parked and pushing up and down on the forks. It's supposed to do that.
The Traxxion Dynamics AK 20 Cartridges are a gas filled Cartridge where as the GP 25mm Cartridges are not.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
The Traxxion Dynamics AK 20 Cartridges are a gas filled Cartridge where as the GP 25mm Cartridges are not.
You're thinking of the AK gas. The AK20 is not gas-filled.

As for the noise, the damping noise is normal. If you listen carefully, you can probably even hear your car do the same thing over certain bumps. All that oil is being forced through small orifices and shim stacks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Isn't one stock leg a dead horse anyway? The GP25 mm won't be a single leg system. So now you would be increasing fluid flow 100% from what you would be use to with better control= more working forces=more audible noise

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, it seems like the general consensus means there's not a lot to be concerned about...

...thanks for the input everyone :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts