Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a short hop today before heading to the airport.

Pretty special living in Santa Barbara. While much of the country is experiencing freezing cold and snow, it's 70 degrees and sunny here.

A couple of pics at the park near my house.

IMG_0666.jpg IMG_0669.jpg

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Damn. Even here in Florida (albiet NE FL) the high was 58 with a low of 37. It is unacceptable.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
So,.....you're one of THOSE guys who's going to rub it in when a bunch of us on here are suffering through the cold.....I see how ya are. :cool:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
So....should I not post pics of what Hawai'i weather and riding conditions are like then??

Seriously though, hope everyone that is dealing with the freezing temps and snowy conditions stays safe...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So,.....you're one of THOSE guys who's going to rub it in when a bunch of us on here is suffering through the cold.....I see how ya are. :cool:
Rub it in????? Never!

Just want to give you deep freeze guys a chance to live and ride vicariously with me in a warm place.

Come on out to the wild west and ride with us all year long!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Rubbing it in still won't warm the rest of us, sunshine. Not at 20* in Nov.
Enjoy, ridem' cowboy! :angry7:

Reactions: Thantos

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
You people should be banned from this FORUM until it reaches 50*F in upstate NY.
News flash: "Ferocious winter storm that dumped more than 5 feet of snow outside Buffalo, New York — with plenty more on the way."

For you're very selfish enjoyment (j/k):

Snow in Buffalo.JPG

Reactions: Thantos

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Snow (or rather lack thereof) and moderate temps is large parts of the reasons I live in California.

If I want snow, it is up there in the mountains, where it belongs, and I don't have to live in it day after day.

:)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You people should be banned from this FORUM until it reaches 50*F in upstate NY.
News flash: "Ferocious winter storm that dumped more than 5 feet of snow outside Buffalo, New York — with plenty more on the way."

View attachment 11145
Hey I know what you guys should do. Get one of those snow cat conversions like they do on the dirt bikes.

Man that thing would be a white blurr and you could ride all year!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I've actually been reaaalllly thinking about pulling the trigger on a Mountain Horse for my YZ. Tons of good riding around here. From their site:

I would love to see the FZ's motor in a full size snowmobile!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

View attachment 11145
At least now the folks in Newfoundland know someone else feels their pain! lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
I took a ride last night in Soldotna Alaska. I was in the shop about to change the oil and put the beast away for the winter, but we don't have winter. I've seen it more than -25 below this time of year, but we had a huge northern Pacific hurricane last week that hijacked the jet stream and sent all the cold air down south. It was about 45 last night so I went for about a 45 minute ride. First time I have ever taken a ride in November in Alaska. It was "cool". It is starting to push down toward the freezing point today.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thankfully, the W.H.O. provides us northern folk annual glycol-blood treatments...right around Thanksgiving each year.
-25*F temps...calls for shorts and t-shirt. "Flip-flops" are banned up yonder...those are for the thin-blooded gurly-guys down thar.
(((psst, there's a reason why the North stomped the Southern-act-of-Treason...icemen rule))) :director:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm originally from Upstate NY. I left there in '81, and have only been back for visits. Living in SW Virginia, I still get the good riding, I just get it most of the year. We're referred to as "Damn Yankees" here. The USMC sent me to Alaska one winter, as part of a team tasked to test skis and cold weather gear. Spent most of the winter outdoors; we weren't even allowed tents (as they would raise the testing temps). I'm glad memories are filtered to allow the good times more vibrancy.

·
Registered
616 Posts

View attachment 11145
MoFZio; did you get hit with this? I just looked at the member map, I'm not thinking you did. You're very close to Lake George I see. I'm from Waterford, and used to ride your area quite a bit. Beautiful country.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'm originally from Upstate NY. I left there in '81, and have only been back for visits. Living in SW Virginia, I still get the good riding, I just get it most of the year. We're referred to as "Damn Yankees" here. The USMC sent me to Alaska one winter, as part of a team tasked to test skis and cold weather gear. Spent most of the winter outdoors; we weren't even allowed tents (as they would raise the testing temps). I'm glad memories are filtered to allow the good times more vibrancy.
Yep...that does it...you're the official iceman! Yikes...tentless.
Roger that, filtered memories, indeed.

My wife is orig from Lexington, VA. We met in Hawaii.
Virginia is def one of my favorite states.

Here's to the Damn Yanks... from an adopted son of the Confederacy. :cool: :mask: :cool:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
MoFZio; did you get hit with this? I just looked at the member map, I'm not thinking you did. You're very close to Lake George I see. I'm from Waterford, and used to ride your area quite a bit. Beautiful country.
No, thankfully we're not in the heart of the snowbelt (Buffalo to Syracuse)...as you know. It's always sunny-n-70 here.
Nice, I used to live in Waterford (across the street from St. Mary's church). Originally from the Schaghticoke area.
Right, Lake George is 10 min from where I sit. It is a nice area. Between the Adirondacks, Catskills and Green Mountains...it makes for some good riding.
If I ever make it back to that part of VA... I'll look you up, gunny!
(oh, and this soldier forgives you for being a marine)

·
Registered
272 Posts
I agree hawkerjet, did 105 miles today on mtn roads 30 min from the house no traffic and bright sunshine, Northern Calif:cool: is great too. !!!!!!!! RR :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts