Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Do you have to use a metal brace to keep them out of the rear wheel?
Ditto! Those look nice. So much cheaper then the yamaha ones. Does it need some form of rear bracket though? And do they look like they can be installed under the seat?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ditto! Those look nice. So much cheaper then the yamaha ones. Does it need some form of rear bracket though? And do they look like they can be installed under the seat?
I don't have any brackets yet, I also have a graves sport fender eliminator. these can hook underneath that on the two little bars connecting it without it getting in the way of the back wheel, its pretty parallel with the turn signals. Just strap the top tight enough so it doesn't droop down to the tires

·
Registered
94 Posts
How do these bags attach to the bike? Are they easy enough to take on and off that you could take them into the office each day? If you have other pics, please post them up. I like the look of these bags and great price right now while on sale.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looks so awesome! could you take some better (and rotated!) photos of how you attached them? I'd love to see how you did it.

I had some Nelson-rigg bags but they just looked awful without additional brackets to keep them straight.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Bump!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
+1 that's a good price for a set of bags.

I am pretty sure the Yamaha ones on the website are the SW-Motech setup, but with Yamaha printed on them instead of SW-Motech.

The Yamaha Link: https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...z-soft-saddlebags?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28|28
FZ Soft Saddlebags - $274.99
Mounting Brackets - $159.99
Total for the Yamada set = $434.98 OUCH!!!

The SW-Motech set for everything (less the Yamaha name) at MotoStarz = $339.62
SW-Motech Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System for 2013-2014 Yamaha FZ-09, MT-09 | Motostarz USA | Motostarz.com

I kind of like there bracket setup, but curious how they look without the bags on and pannier arms clipped in???
http://shop.sw-motech.com/cosmoshop/artikelpdf/bc_hta_06_740_10700_b.pdf

Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Motor vehicle Car Motorcycle

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
187 Posts
hey, how the bags holding up? I was looking to get a set of these, liked the looks and the price as well. I have their sports tail bag and 14in tank bag.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I kind of like there bracket setup, but curious how they look without the bags on and pannier arms clipped in???
The only part that stays on the bike is the small black clip in the passenger foot peg. The metal bar disconnects without tools. It looks like a great setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Someone on the forum posted his solution for keeping bags out of the rear wheel. He ran a piece of angle aluminum, available at home improvement stores, from the passenger footpeg to the taillight mount. It looked clean, and was effective for <$10.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The only part that stays on the bike is the small black clip in the passenger foot peg. The metal bar disconnects without tools. It looks like a great setup.

I got the Yammy bags at a discount when I got my bike, and it IS a great setup. So much so that the slight rub the rear of the bags have on the stock rear signals also serve as an excuse to get rid of the fugly stockers, when asked by Mrs. Dobervol. :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
I got the Yammy bags at a discount when I got my bike, and it IS a great setup. So much so that the slight rub the rear of the bags have on the stock rear signals also serve as an excuse to get rid of the fugly stockers, when asked by Mrs. Dobervol. :)
The Yamaha/motech bags rub on the stock signals at the stock location?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry to bring up old threads, but how it the bag holding up. Im thinking about buying 2 of these. One for my fz and one for my wife's r3.

·
Registered
84 Posts
the brackets aren't too awful. without the bags and the brackets still in place, it seems to follow the curves of the bike pretty well. the aluminum arms are removable through a click-type lock system above the passenger pegs. the arms do remove leaving a pretty large bracket system that mounts under the passenger pegs. i'm not sad that i chose the blaze saddlebag set, but i'm not too ecstatic with the "hide-ability" of the kit. they do hold up to triple digit speeds (theres a clip that ties the bags to the bike itself [visible in the 3rd pic {uncliped}])

·
Registered
275 Posts
I looked on that site and they are $79.99 at this time.
This is why im thinking on getting 2. Mrs wanted a way to carry documents with her bikes and a tail bag would make it too tall for her to get her leg over the bag. I will be trying to make some support to make sure that the bags doesnt touch the rear tires.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts