Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its still below freezing here so no amazing switchbacks yet, but my bike had 755 miles on it this morning, and has 1103 on it now. The most miles ive done at one time since buying the FZ on new years eve. had a blast even though it was cold. cant wait for the weather to cooperate so I can hit some good twistys. the 2 brothers slip on was a bit loud inside my garage, was pleasantly surprised on the road, loud when you get on it but not much louder than the stock can when droning along at a steady speed

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've done some miles in the cold but not that many. Usually 20 is enough to make my hands numb and start thinking about hot chocolate. The highway department dumps sand on the roads here so the twisties will have to wait until summer. Still can do wheelies though.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heated gear will cure the numb hands, or a set of barkbusters. it was in the teens by the time I got home, froze my feet pretty well, althought the fact that they hurt instead of went numb is probably good. while it was still light out it was fine with heated gear (it was low 30s or high 20s until the sun went down)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
7.jpg
barkbusters ^

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill be bitching when its 95 and 100% humidity, my body tolerates cold much better than humidity

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
That explains a lot. I thought, wow this guy is tough. Forty degrees is my lower limit. Below that required snowmobile clothing and that just wasn't fun anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts