Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: just rolled 600k on the ODO. Just finished installing the new bars and was taking her for a test run. Merge to the right/yield sign, cars coming I stop...BAM up the back side. I"M OKAY. Yolanda has a few boo boo's.. The young man a 6yr Vet in the Canadian forces on his way back to base from wk-end leave is very fortunate that I'm a nice guy... An undisclosed amount of money was transferred to my pocket with a quick stop at the Beer store he followed me home then we parted ways. LUCKY..LUCKY...LUCKY DAY.

Play safe folks

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
damn that sucks - props to you for handling it in a really stand up way.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'm glad it wasn't worse and the 2 of you were able to settle it.

In the photo your speedo etc display is still on, so the key is on. It is hard to remember with the adrenaline and surprise of an accident but turn off the key as soon as possible. After you do a body check for injury and get out of the way of other traffic etc.

Is that your license plate in the first photo? Did you still have the stock plate mount?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it was the stock plate mount and Signals...Not like I had really small LED's Signals or anything. So buddy should have seen TAIL. Not that I'm against them. Just not many aftermarket parts for Z9 it in Canada Yet.
Yes I should have shut her down. I was wearing Hiax Swat boots ..THANKFULLY. so I was sitting on the curb pulling my boot checking it out. Someone else took the pic. Bruised top of my foot no bigs.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Is the engine case leaking oil? If not I'd say put case protectors on to reduce chance of future damage and hide the scratches etc.

My preferred brand is Woodcraft via Stoltec Moto the should be available soon.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Just looking at your 09 laying on the ground like that makes me sad for you-glad you were not more seriously injured. My 2 biggest fears when riding are having some jackass pull out directly in front of me with no time to avoid it, and being rear ended by some inattentive moron..best of luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good to hear it wasn't too serious. The case covers are fairly cheap to replace if you have to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts