Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with 40 miles on it I have to say im impressed so far. I dont think the throttle is any concern really but im used to modern dirt bikes so maybe its no big deal for me.
The front suspension is a joke under braking and downshifting tho. Can you drop stiffer springs into these for tubes or is it something that needs more attention?
The first thing I want to change is the seat. At 225lbs I notice right under my ass cheeks it starts to get sore. Its not horrible on short rides but an hour or two at a time would be pretty tough. I also notice it tends to cram u up into the tank a little bit. Any tips on fixing this?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Congratulations. Riding impressions will change a bit after being out a several times, but you're right, the seat needs to be replaced. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. Do some looking around on here......these topics and many others are covered again and again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I immediately swapped bars to something with less upsweep and a bit wider. Made the bike perfect for me. Tighten up the preload on the front springs till you can put $ down on some good upgrades! Made a big difference for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I immediately swapped bars to something with less upsweep and a bit wider. Made the bike perfect for me. Tighten up the preload on the front springs till you can put $ down on some good upgrades! Made a big difference for me

Yeah I felt like the bars were a bit narrow for me also. I did notice just a little hand fatigue but nothing like bent over sport bikes. Do you mind telling me what bars you went with? What diameter bars fit on the clamps? Yeah I plan on dialing in full compression on the suspension and slowing down the rebound also.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I felt like the bars were a bit narrow for me also. I did notice just a little hand fatigue but nothing like bent over sport bikes. Do you mind telling me what bars you went with? What diameter bars fit on the clamps? Yeah I plan on dialing in full compression on the suspension and slowing down the rebound also.
I went with Fly Aero CR High Classic bars.
And like stated, they are 1 1/8 at clamps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts