Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ! I'm new to the forum and got my first mt-09 lightly modded..
I work offshore and it's already standing at my house..
I just watched a lot of reviews on this bike, and got to admit, I'm a little afraid of all the power it has.

I'm not new at riding but it was a while ago the last time that I have ridden a bike..

The last bike I owned was a 125 CBR and have driven a few of my friends bikes yamaha fj 1200 and Yamaha Thundercats 600.

So any advice would be much appreciated.馃榿馃槄
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Registered
Congratulations, beautiful bike. Use the 'B' ride mode for the first couple of weeks until you get used to the bike. Keep the shiny side up. Good luck.

Registered
Hi, welcome! I hadn鈥檛 ridden a bike in 5 years when I got mine. I watched video reviews, this bike is a beast, a hooligan etc. The truth is, it is and it isn鈥檛. If you go twisting the throttle like a madman, then yeah, but if you are easy on it and have smooth inputs it鈥檚 a very rideable and enjoyable bike (ok it鈥檚 enjoyable as a hooligan too 馃槀). I started in standard mode but now ride almost exclusively in A. The bike out of the box has a touchy throttle; yours should already be tuned given you鈥檝e got that nice exhaust on it so I鈥檓 guessing you won鈥檛 have to worry about that. These bikes are sweet and you鈥檙e going to love it; easy on the throttle until you get a good feel for it, TCS1 or 2 (I ride TCS1), and have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts