Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to CM Motorsports in Orange (Orange County, CA) and they flashed it in about 30 minutes.
Can ride in A mode now- very smooth. He also set A as the startup mode. I notice engine braking is smoother too.
I'm not planning to change the exhaust so I should be good to go. Was more expensive than the mail in, but definitely worth it and didn't have to be without my fz09.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I went to CM Motorsports in Orange (Orange County, CA) and they flashed it in about 30 minutes.
Can ride in A mode now- very smooth. He also set A as the startup mode. I notice engine braking is smoother too.
I'm not planning to change the exhaust so I should be good to go. Was more expensive than the mail in, but definitely worth it and didn't have to be without my fz09.
Got mine flashed from them about a month ago. Awesome work and it's like riding a whole new bike

·
Registered
657 Posts
Quick question, do they flash the fueling only, or both fueling and throttle map profile?

·
Registered
23 Posts
debating on using flash-tune myself on the fz09 they were freaking awesome to work with when I got the self flashing kit for my old r6

·
Registered
159 Posts
Got mine flashed by them as well - about 2 weeks ago now - I used them because I could drive down and be back riding the same day.

The results are great, I should have done this a long time ago.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is this the same flash as the one that Stoltec offers?

Same settings so it doesn't cut fuel and cause so much jerkiness in the throttle when getting on and off the gas.?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
Yes, it is fueling and throttle map. So it rolls on smoother. My understanding from what I've read is that stoltec and flash tune worked together to develop it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is this the same flash as the one that Stoltec offers?

Same settings so it doesn't cut fuel and cause so much jerkiness in the throttle when getting on and off the gas.?
It is not the same flash as Stoltec does.

Stoltec uses them to get the ECU code opened up and for the flashing software I think - but he has further developed his own adjustments.

Flash Tune has also been working away on their tune as well - they had a FZ09 test bike in there when I was there. Sounded like it was as shop bike, but I am not sure.

In any case, they do basically the same things - but it seems that Stoltec has some exhaust specific fueling maps developed with Nels - on a dyno. At Flash Tune they do not have specific fueling maps - and just have generic slip on vs full system options.

Here is the list of items that Flash Tune does (they have custom options too)

- Remove Throttle-by-Wire restrictions
- Standard engine braking reduction
- Disable Injector Decel Cut
- Professional fuel map modification to suit exhaust
- Removal of all gear based or speed dependent restrictions, TRE
- Optimized timing maps for 91+ octane
- Disable AIS valve (always closed)
- Reduce Fan Temps 205°F
- Default to A-mode

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in total agreement here. I'm from the San Francisco bay area and heading to Orange County in a few weeks for my kid's softball tournament. Will be bringing my ECU with me to get it flashed. I commute to work so being without my bike is a no no...

Tempted to see if SeatConsepts would let me do a walk in to get my seat done (hopefully they are in the same area).

Not being without bike is worth a little more. Hope you enjoy it everyone is praising the flashes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm in total agreement here. I'm from the San Francisco bay area and heading to Orange County in a few weeks for my kid's softball tournament. Will be bringing my ECU with me to get it flashed. I commute to work so being without my bike is a no no...

Tempted to see if SeatConsepts would let me do a walk in to get my seat done (hopefully they are in the same area).
Pat FYI Flash Tune and Seat Concepts are about an hour and half apart from each other. Might want to look it up on a map and plan the route. Or make a day of it. I'm smack dab in between both businesses and they are each 45 minutes from me. And I've been to both on my FZ

·
Registered
44 Posts
So if I go to Flash Tune website and download the free software, it's really worthless unless I also purchase the $450 wire harness also, correct?
I don't suppose there's an off the shelf interface kit that I could buy locally, is there?

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can purchase the Flash Tune interface kit (wires and plugs), comes with current software and all future upgrades for $450.
It would be a great investment if you spent a lot of time on the track. But, for the weekend warriors, I think the one time $200 flash would be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Really? I thought the speed limit was still there despite the RPM/gear restriction removals.
this particular flash does not remove the speed limiter.. yet. most speed limiting is hidden in the ECU, its just a matter of decrypting all the information. Each bike is different, I believe flash tune was able to eliminate speed limiter on other bikes in the past, but as far as I know not for the FZ-09. its only a matter of time.

Reactions: marthy
1 - 17 of 17 Posts