Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, it feels great having the bike back! I've been without her for a while now. The tank took months to receive. Anyone think it's worth trying to sell some of these other parts? I remember someone showed interest in the tank a while back. The seat was also replaced due to a small scratch at one of the corners.

Here are all the parts:

Replaced Parts - Imgur

Not shown is the seat.

Some of the stuff seems to just needs a little wash and would be okay. The tail light assembly seems pretty much perfect. I'm not sure why it was replaced.

While the bike was in, I also had them adjust the suspension. HUGE difference! Much better with little to no bounce on the same bumps.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Alloy wheel Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I think you could sell most of them, might take some time though. The gas tank and plastics just need some bodywork done. Anything else you never know. Right now, I could use the mirror bar, yea the beat up one. I need it for a project, what would you charge me for it?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I don't know if I should start collecting spares or not lol. Are you in California or where? I was thinking of getting a lightly dinged tank.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wow, it feels great having the bike back! I've been without her for a while now. The tank took months to receive. Anyone think it's worth trying to sell some of these other parts? I remember someone showed interest in the tank a while back. The seat was also replaced due to a small scratch at one of the corners.

Here are all the parts:

Replaced Parts - Imgur

Not shown is the seat.

Some of the stuff seems to just needs a little wash and would be okay. The tail light assembly seems pretty much perfect. I'm not sure why it was replaced.

While the bike was in, I also had them adjust the suspension. HUGE difference! Much better with little to no bounce on the same bumps.

View attachment 2937
What do you want for the tail light assembly?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I received a few messages overnight. I'm not sure how much these things sell for or how much they should sell for or even how to go about selling them. I am located in the Dallas area(well, Plano/Murphy area really), just fyi. The night of the wreck, the tank was not leaking fuel at all, so the tank is just dinged on that side, not punctured. For a 50 mph wreck, it really wasn't that bad thanks to the bike flipping in the air and landing in the grass. She's a natural gymnast! haha

·
Registered
155 Posts
Its a moot point, but what happened to you? Was it your own fault? I dont recall reading a previous post. Glad shes back to new again though,

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a moot point, but what happened to you? Was it your own fault? I don't recall reading a previous post. Glad shes back to new again though,
Big bounce coming around a wide corner at roughly 45-50 mph. She turned into an Olympic gold winning, gymnast. She flipped in the air and landed on one side in a grassy area limiting the damage. I was tossed off and slid on the road like a ninja turtle for a bit. When I picked the bike up from the shop, I asked them to adjust the suspension. I've since gone back over that same area of the road. At first I thought it was the train track, but it's just a shoddy road where the concrete wasn't laid right or ground shifted resulting in a deep concave bump in a single lane(center). Anyway, after having the suspension adjusted, passing over the area didn't yield the same results. Moral: Don't wait MONTHS to get your suspension adjusted on a brand new bike. There's still too much dive in the front that I'm not sure how to fix.

FYI, these parts are still available. I'm in the Dallas/Plano, TX area if you're local and are interested. I tossed an add on Craigslist, but no nibbles.

My apologizes to those who messaged me. After the forum moved to a different website(or whatever happened..), my password was no longer saved and recovery wasn't working due to domain changes. So after many attempts, I finally am able to log in.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yes, adjusting the stock suspension is a lot better than doing nothing, but it is limited, depending on your weigh, type of riding etc take a close look at up grading it. Thicker fork oil and for all but the lightest riders stiffer fork springs at a minimum.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Anyone have experience shipping gas tanks? How-to, etc?
Drain it, let it sit outside for a day to evaporate any left over gas. Make sure to put a rag in the bottom to collect what you can't shake out.

After it sits and doesn't smell like gas, wrap it up with a few heavy duty garbage bags to contain any trace of a smell, put it in a big box and ship in through UPS (had the best price when I shipped my old GSX-R tank) and don't let them know what's in the box.

Once you mention "gas" they won't ship, so just do your best to get rid of all the smell and gas, and ship it like anything else. I shipped mine from Chicago area to Minnesota, and the guy received it in perfect condition.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Thanks Spook, yeah, I figured saying "gas" would get them excited lol.

Hmm, maybe wrap in an old sheet etc before the bags. Not that this tank is mint lol.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Remove the fill cap, vuel pump - and everything you can. Wash it out with soap and water, then dry it out with a hair dryer. Get a box large enough for it to have at least an inch of space on each side, and some expanding packaging foam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts