Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha dealer number 4.....deposit number 2..... 180 miles to fetch it home on the trailer.

Only Graphite I could find anywhere.

MSRP...Plus tax...plus title fee... $7495.82 OTD cash.... Atlanta Ga area

Only got a 15 mile ride on it when i got home. Fourth of July traffic was bat shit crazy. LOT'S of torque. Easy to ride fast at low RPMS. Full review in a week or so. I LOVE this bike. Very different than anything else i have owned. It's a cross between a big motard and a small hyper sport.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Congratulations. Great Bike. Great Color too....!!!

Enjoy every second.

PS DON'T sleep in The garage!

Reactions: CD599

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Can I borrow that trailer to bring home my Next Bike...???

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
congrats! what is that thing on the gas tank? Is that storage compartment? Can you show us a pic of the inside?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
thats a cool trailer too
Thanks Luke. The trailer is a 1976 Holsclaw motorcycle trailer that wifey and I re engineered and restored last month. Originally came with 3 skinny rails that were 4 inches wide each. We cut off and ground down all the old brackets...sand blasted all the pieces....primed and painted and assembled with grade 8 nuts and bolts....added heim joints in both trailing arms and both ends of the panhard bar...new bearings...wheels ...lights...wireing...and new single rail. The only original untouched parts are the fenders.

If you notice the trailer has coil springs and shock absorbers. Tows like a Cadillac Brogham De Elegance....ha ha.

Let Barb know if you like her work. She is beaming proud of how it turned out.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
congrats! what is that thing on the gas tank? Is that storage compartment? Can you show us a pic of the inside?
The thing on the gas tank is to protect the jewels. No storage except a tiny space under the passenger seat that holds the toolkit and half a paper towel.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Some pics from today...

Attachments

Reactions: Niner and v2Bob

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Wow, revison...that trailer is super cool...the bike isn't bad either ;)
I can't believe you guys customized it, nice job. The 07 is looking sexy, hopefully you get tons of enjoyment out of it

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Beautiful bike, only thing I'd add would be a black mesh protective screen for the radiator.
I agree. Where can I get one?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts