Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading ChesterBurnet's thread: Nothing Left to Do yesterday and another earlier on some of his mods, I woke up this morning thinking about my suspension since I was planning on riding to work today for the first time this year. Well, much of my ride to work (26+ miles) is 4 lane divided, about half is interstate so the bumps can be jarring with the suspension not set right. Since I did the forks and shock last spring, the bike is damned near perfect except on sections of the slab. So, before I left, just for the hell of it, I backed the shock down 2 clicks and each leg of the forks 1 click. I have to try my favorite twisty roads to confirm but holy hell, what a difference such a small adjustment made! We'll see...

The other thing I was thinking about in the shower was how said he dropped 20# by swapping the exhaust. Then I thought about my buddy asking what my bike weighed after all my mods. I told him the bike is now about 416# with 3/4 tank of gas. He was shocked, saying his Ninja 1000 (not ZX10, the sport touring bike) weighs over 500#. I've offered him a ride on mine for comparison but he won't. He already isn't extremely happy with the bike and can't get dick for it trying to sell it. I think he's afraid to see what a mistake he made. He's sat on mine and says it does feel extremely light and thinks the riding position is very similar to the 650 Versys he traded for the Ninja. He loved the Versys and has openly said that he never should've traded the Versys because it did so many things so well for him.

Enough thinking for a day.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
354 Posts
I just did the same thing fiddling with my suspension the other day but I added two clicks of high speed compression and two clicks low speed compression to my rear shock, and two clicks compression to my forks. I'm might back or the fork adjustment but the shock is riding lovely.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Good suspension components should show noticeable differences with adjustment. But I'm getting some valve tuning on my shock and comp fork in a couple of weeks. Neither has high speed adjustment.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went for a bit of a ride today...bumpy sections no longer harsh and twisty bits still bring plenty of composure. It's the little things...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts