Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had 14 bike previous to this, and I was in the dealer looking for parts for my dirt bike, saw this, and here I am. I love this bike, it's like a waaayyyy over powered supermoto... Hooligan mode, engage!

Here is the newest member of my family, Tequila Sunrise;

FZ09side2_zps03b06e85.jpg

topofFZ09_zps56b1e8a4.jpg

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome!

She's lookin' good. Have fun pulling wheelies.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Nearly red...nice. Welcome to the Machine!

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Beautiful Bike & will perform like a devil. Welcome!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How long did you guys break them in? I'm keeping it under 6k rpm for now.

I've built and rebuilt enough engines to know no matter how well built they are, wringing them out too far when new = bad news later on. And considering this is the first new thing I've ever owned, it better last! LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
Glad to see you chose the best (fastest) color!

I'm in the middle of breaking mine in as per Yamaha's instructions. Just got my first 600 mile service done and am getting close to the 1000 mile oil change. After that I don't see a point in babying it anymore. I know there are tons of opinions on breaking in a bike, but I figure you can't go wrong going by the manufacturer's instructions which read: "0-600 miles avoid prolonged operation above 5600 rpm; 600-1000 miles avoid prolonged operation above 6800 rpm; 1000 miles and beyond the vehicle can now be operated normally." I'm not sure what they mean by 'prolonged operation' but I see no harm in getting up to 8 or 9k rpms every once in a while. I'm no expert though, so others will maybe have better recommendations.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Glad to see you chose the best (fastest) color!

I'm in the middle of breaking mine in as per Yamaha's instructions. Just got my first 600 mile service done and am getting close to the 1000 mile oil change. After that I don't see a point in babying it anymore. I know there are tons of opinions on breaking in a bike, but I figure you can't go wrong going by the manufacturer's instructions which read: "0-600 miles avoid prolonged operation above 5600 rpm; 600-1000 miles avoid prolonged operation above 6800 rpm; 1000 miles and beyond the vehicle can now be operated normally." I'm not sure what they mean by 'prolonged operation' but I see no harm in getting up to 8 or 9k rpms every once in a while. I'm no expert though, so others will maybe have better recommendations.
He didn't get the best (fastest) color -- he got the orange :p

·
Registered
44 Posts
Orange flakes gorgeous in the sun, this bike is a real keeper, congrats and welcome! This place is addicting too in a good way...
First mods? What's the plan ?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome! :) Break her in however you like... I didn't go past half throttle until full break in, I was still getting used to this beast of a bike!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Orange flakes gorgeous in the sun, this bike is a real keeper, congrats and welcome! This place is addicting too in a good way...
First mods? What's the plan ?
She's primarily a commuter/hooligan bike. As for mods, I've already removed the reflectors, and nodded the plate bracket. I plan on making an under tail kit for it.

First though, I need to dial in the suspension and get a muffler...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
*modded

·
Registered
165 Posts
She's primarily a commuter/hooligan bike. As for mods, I've already removed the reflectors, and nodded the plate bracket. I plan on making an under tail kit for it.

First though, I need to change the suspension for something decent...
fixed that for you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts