Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm guessing yes - but i haven't seen the police report yet and i was out of it when i spoke to them

·
Registered
962 Posts
It looks like the tank is okay and the rest are not a big deal. I'd take the insurance money and cover the cases with protectors rather than replacing them, and get some of the rubber covered FZ6R pegs off of eBay. Be sure to check/adjust the forks in case they were tweaked. Get the front wheel off the ground and loosen the axle and fork pinch bolts, then wiggle the front wheel enough to move the fork tubes a bit, make sure everything is straight and then tighten it down again.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Glad you didn't get seriously injured. You should be receiving a call from their insurance company and then scheduling a safety inspection with a motorcycle shop of your choice. The other party's insurance will send someone out to inspect the damage. If there's any frame damage, it's usually a bike replacement.

I went down back in January when a teenager traveling opposite direction didn't see me and made a left turn. He was blatantly at fault as there were no cars in front of me or him to obstruct view, just simply wasn't looking for a motorcycle. Totaled my 2005 FZ6 due to frame damage, although I was able to ride it home w/ bent forks 'n all. Whole process took about a month to get my payout and get back on two wheels. Used that money + tax return to buy my new FZ-09.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
276 Posts
We hope you make a full and speedy recovery! Something similar happened out here with a big rig about 2 years ago. The truck moved over to park on the right, then suddenly made a u turn right in front of a motorcycle. The biker tried to slide under the trailer between the wheels since he could not stop and he partially succeeded, but the tractor trailer driver never saw him and kept right on going. He ran the bike over in both forward and reverse, and then dragged it down the road. A 4 yo girl who was a passenger on the back of the motorcycle was run over by the truck and killed :(

·
Registered
987 Posts
Sorry to hear. Just another reason why I ride with a helmet and tail camera recording all the time.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Glad it wasn't worse. Seems like you're minimizing YOUR damage compared to the bike's. Torn/damaged ligaments can be worse than broken bones. Don't minimize long term effects and make sure his insurance won't either.
Twenty years from now you won't have your FZ, but will be thinking about your injuries whenever they act up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm glad you're ok, hope you will be able to settle that soon and get your self a new bike or your bike fixed.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sorry to hear - and get well soon...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys.. it's nice to have support. i'm definitely going to get back out there. but i will admit that it shook me up quite a bit. feels like every on the road is sending text messages or just otherwise not paying attention. and thanks for the advice about not minimizing my damage to me - it's weird but all i could think about was "nooo my bike!!!" but now that it's been over a week and i'm still hobbling up and down the stairs and unable to ride your point couldn't be more true. i need to do what's right for my knee right now. a friend is a physical therapist and he said i should definitely go get an MRI so i'm going to do that this week.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Are you insured/they insured?

In Aus, it's compulsory to have 3rd party insurance, so people are covered for injuries in any accident, property is optional, but people are covered.
And there is a big difference between SMIDSY (sorry mate I didn't see you, said so often we have an abbreviation) and sorry mate I wasn't even looking for you.

Get yourself checked out, getting treated now can be the difference between walking easy and having arthritic joints.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What all parts do you need? I have a front brake lever, the end cap for exhaust if yours got damaged. right mirror

1 - 15 of 15 Posts