Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently recieved a GoPro Hero 4 silver and was looking at where I could mount it on the bike.Has any one done this ? I don't want to mount to me or my helmet .Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I do not have one but.....this is an idea I read about. There apparently is "roll bar mount". You can use it to attach to a OES from slider. Again, I just read about it somewhere and is what I will attempt when I purchase a GoPro.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ve had some great shots by mounting on the pillion footrests......I did a track day and tried facing forward and backwards......you will not be disappointed with the outcome.......I used an old piece of inner tube and wrapped it around the footrest with cable ties......this helped secure the camera.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went to eBay and bought a clamp with camera mount. Under 10 dollars.I attach it to the left mirror stem just above the handlebar. I use a small piece of rubber from a gasket just above the nut on the stem to give it an even clamping surface.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I use the handlebar mount next to the LHS clamp with a couple of short extensions.

With the OEM screen it gives you a great forward shot, very stable & keeps the speedo out of the shot.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you don't have a windscreen, i mounted mine on the dead space over the Headlight. No vibration when you use the little rubber guy they include in the box

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5 S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I recently recieved a GoPro Hero 4 silver and was looking at where I could mount it on the bike.Has any one done this ? I don't want to mount to me or my helmet .Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
After you get her mounted, wire the throttle wide open then send us the unedited footage.

Pretty sure it will bee smashing.:angel7:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Sticky mount to the front brake master cylinder reservoir. This is where I had my Modius Action Camera.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You can mount it anywhere. Gopro mounting options are very versatile. If you don't want to sticky attach it, I've found the roll bar mount to be great... there's also the suction mount that I've had zero issues with:

gives a cool view

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I've successfully used a suction cup on the tank. Before that I tried a handlebar clamp jimmy rigged to the passenger peg (don't try this lol)...it conveniently folds out of the way when not in use!

My favorite spot by far is a roll bar clamp on the frame slider. The chest mount works pretty well also.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I do not have one but.....this is an idea I read about. There apparently is "roll bar mount". You can use it to attach to a OES from slider. Again, I just read about it somewhere and is what I will attempt when I purchase a GoPro.
Good idea! I'm going to try that

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've successfully used a suction cup on the tank. Before that I tried a handlebar clamp jimmy rigged to the passenger peg (don't try this lol)...it conveniently folds out of the way when not in use!

My favorite spot by far is a roll bar clamp on the frame slider. The chest mount works pretty well also.
Ive done the same on the track bike. Tie wraps and all... less the bungee cord! Worked well, got cool swing-arm movement.

Reactions: BMcEL

·
Registered
962 Posts
handlebar mount

I bought a cheap knockoff replacement case for a Hero 3 which had the cutout for the USB and an included USB mic on ebay for $20. I dremeled out the back for the touchscreen. Now I get good sound, and I can put the mic out of the wind.

·
Registered
857 Posts
This is one way to do it DSC03046.jpg DSC03045.jpg

Ride Safe.

Got a link for that mic setup?

PS just purchased my Austin MotoGP tickets are you going JustWantToRide?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Wire Connectable Side Open w Mic for GoPro Hero 3 Protective Housing Case | eBay

This mic isn't as convenient - but the sound is better. I use the other mic on motorcycles or anything moving - this one when I mount the camera to a pole or something stationary.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RZ7UGP0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My daughter's 8th birthday is that weekend - so I'm going to be busy with that. She's into bikes - so she'd probably enjoy it. My luck she'd want some street tires for her XR80 afterwards. :)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

How stable is the footage? do you have any posted we could see?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts