Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup with the little tiny hole you have to squirt the gas through to fill the tank?

My Ninja had something like this but it was rectangular so you had a much bigger hole to fill through.

I am guessing it has something to do with typical Communist EPA monkey shine.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Wassup with the little tiny hole you have to squirt the gas through to fill the tank?
It's much easier to work with than my CBR250R, which required a lot of attention to position the fuel nozzle correctly. On the other hand, my TU250X has a wide open filler and is very easy to use. The FZ-09 is sort of in between. Not sure why the difference, though.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I like the goofy filler, it cuts down on a lot of the splash back.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like the goofy filler, it cuts down on a lot of the splash back.
yep i was about to write the same thing...filled up this weekend for the 1st time since its been a shitty winter on the east coast and i thought the filler was great. perfect fit for the nozzle. now the suspension and that goofy off center cluster is another thing...

·
Registered
418 Posts
It's just the Yamaha design. My '07 R1, '10 R1, and '09 R6 has the same filler. I don't find a problem with it. It's designed for reduced splash back and the opening is the same size as a regular gas pump so some idiot doesn't try it put diesel fuel in it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I really like it.

Now the stupid California foreskins or "vapor recovery hoods" as they call them, those are annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I really like it.

Now the stupid California foreskins or "vapor recovery hoods" as they call them, those are annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see those at some pumps here on the east coast too.
Foreskins, lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts