Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, no longer riding an FZ1 (euro naked converted), and just couldnt pass up a killer deal on a FZ-09 Rapid Red! Been lurking on this forum for a while and have some GREAT ideas thanks to the members here. Already started customizing my bike, and will do by best to make good HOW TO write ups to try and help others if they choose to install the same parts I am. I figure I use forum based instructions to do almost everything...I should give back to the forums when I can. Under 1k miles on this new bike, but its just soooo much fun to ride. It sure doesnt mind put the front tire in the air!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Nice fz1! What mods do you have planned?

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
150 Posts
Great looking FZ-09! Your FZ1 was really sharp too! Welcome aboard :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! First mods are already on (Rizoma headlight fairing)....working now on engine guards, Rizoma tail light, Rizoma license plate kit. Waiting on exhaust....then mirrors, bars, grips, levers, and on, and on, and on.....

·
Registered
601 Posts
My last bike was also an FZ1 (gen one). My FZ-09 with ECU flash and e-jet kit is faster from 0-100mph.

FZ1 (at JenningsGP)

FZ-09 (at home)

·
Registered
601 Posts
BTW, how are you associated with MotovationUSA?

I bought both my Akrapovic Exhaust and Rizoma Tail Light from that outfit.

They got them both over to Florida post haste.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, how are you associated with MotovationUSA?

I bought both my Akrapovic Exhaust and Rizoma Tail Light from that outfit.

They got them both over to Florida post haste.
I will be sure to tell the shipping guys.....they are all sitting right here with me :cool: I want to be clear that I am here on this board with a personal bike, and not as a vendor (hence, I know not to post links to our site). If you have direct questions you can PM me, as I dont want to step on any paying vendors toes. I am here to learn what my bike needs, and to share my experiences with you all as I dive into this custom build! Stay tuned....lots of good plans for this bike!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts