Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new owner from Murrieta, CA here. Just brought home my liquid graphite 09. Traded in my 2004 FZ1 on it. I almost bought a 2013 FZ1 they had on the floor, it was on sale for 7k! Then while on the dealers website I saw the 09 and I thought what a cool looking bike. I started doing research, looking at the info on the forums and watching videos. The ride home was short, looking forward to taking it on a good long ride tomorrow as long as the weather holds out. Riding position is a bit different from the FZ1 but I think I will like it just fine. That motor feels great!! Can't wait to get a few more miles on it and really open it up!

Scott

·
Registered
835 Posts
Awesome. Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
right on! Welcome and ride safe .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congratz on the new bike! Murrieta is a beautiful area. My brother lives there and works at French Valley airport. Enjoy yourself my friend!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi everyone, new owner from Murrieta, CA here. Just brought home my liquid graphite 09. Traded in my 2004 FZ1 on it. I almost bought a 2013 FZ1 they had on the floor, it was on sale for 7k! Then while on the dealers website I saw the 09 and I thought what a cool looking bike. I started doing research, looking at the info on the forums and watching videos. The ride home was short, looking forward to taking it on a good long ride tomorrow as long as the weather holds out. Riding position is a bit different from the FZ1 but I think I will like it just fine. That motor feels great!! Can't wait to get a few more miles on it and really open it up!

Scott
congrats.... so what is name of dealer that had a 2013 fz1 for $7k.... assuming its not OTD price.... ALso what was your buying price of the fz09.... if you don't mind...

I am working on it,,,slowly....

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Welcome and congrats. It's gonna be a departure from what your use to. The FZ1 requires higher revs to get a wiggle on while the 09 is ready to go at 3-grand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! The FZ1 is on sale at Temecula Motor Sports. I didn't get any special pricing other than getting them to drop the prep charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts