Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've pretty much decided on the Ohlins shock for my fz-09, but there don't seem to be many sources to purchase it from. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's not listed on their website, you just need to email them explaining you want one for the FZ-09, Ohlins model YA335.

I checked with them after coming across an identical-looking Ohlins for the SV650 on their site.

The part no is "SKU 1196641175".

EDIT: Coincidentally, just received Shipping notification this morning from Indybike saying my parts, incl the YA335, have been shipped to a nominated address in NY. :)
EDIT2: To delete price.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not listed on their website, you just need to email them explaining you want one for the FZ-09, Ohlins model YA335.

I checked with them after coming across an identical-looking Ohlins for the SV650 on their site.

The part no is "SKU 1196641175", yes $540 was the price I got.

EDIT: Coincidentally, just received Shipping notfication this morning from Indybike saying my parts, incl the YA335, have been shipped to a nominated address in NY. :)
Thanks for the info. When you emailed them inquiring about it, did they reply back asking about your weight and type of riding? Did you phone in the order after they replied since it's not listed on their site?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
probably stating the obvious but any authorized ohlins dealer should be able to get it for you. Mine was back ordered for quite a bit - i'm not sure if the back log of initial orders has cleared since then.

·
Registered
957 Posts
You're going to have to call around to get a "real" price. Because of Ohlins' terms, no authorized Ohlins dealer is legally allowed to advertise their price as being lower than that $650 price you see it going for on STG. However, many places (both STG and indysuperbikes do this) will sell it to you for significantly lower than that.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I just ordered the Ohlins from Indybike. They said it would be about 4-6 weeks backorder so I will be eagerly awaiting shipment. Thanks for the info everybody!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Do you have a link? is a great deal!
As previously mentioned, you won't be able to order online at a discount due to minimum advertised price agreements. You have to call around and ask if they have any specials or sales on Ohlins shocks. Indysuperbikes number is 1-866-463-9720 if you want to give them a ring.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
As previously mentioned, you won't be able to order online at a discount due to minimum advertised price agreements. You have to call around and ask if they have any specials or sales on Ohlins shocks. Indysuperbikes number is 1-866-463-9720 if you want to give them a ring.
that is a very good price, just my 2 cents - i dont know if you'd get them in trouble by talking about the price on here - they may be doing you a favor and in turn may get screwed by this post - i thought about that with my original post and pricing and deleted it. I'm probably being overly paranoid but just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that is a very good price, just my 2 cents - i dont know if you'd get them in trouble by talking about the price on here - they may be doing you a favor and in turn may get screwed by this post - i thought about that with my original post and pricing and deleted it. I'm probably being overly paranoid but just my 2 cents.
You make a good point. Although they aren't advertising this price I've edited my posts.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
You make a good point. Although they aren't advertising this price I've edited my posts.
figured better safe then sorry - either way - you're going to love the shock - it's a whole new bike once it's in.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
figured better safe then sorry - either way - you're going to love the shock - it's a whole new bike once it's in.
Your thread about your Ohlins shock was what finally got me off of the fence about which shock to purchase. As a De Carbon shock it is definitely superior to the Penske 8900E and I really don't need the extra adjustability of the Penske 8983 that costs hundreds more.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just received notification of shipping today, so about 7 weeks total. Now to decide the best way to unload the rear suspension to install the shock...

·
Registered
262 Posts
it is harsher vs penske base shock?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts