Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Pulling the trigger on a new '14 Red FZ-09 this weekend. I have been trolling the forum for a couple of months now, learning everything I can.

Havent rode in 5 month, after a serious accident on my F4i left me in the hospital. Just bought all new gear yesterday, and getting im getting pumped up for riding soon.

So im a big guy, 260ish and about 6'3. I know suspension blah blah ecu reflash blah blah. Ive never rode an Fz09 before, but im pretty sure I get the just of it.

Here my only questions for you guys! I see Yamaha has a financing program labeled "low monthly payments". From what I can read you need about 10% down, on anywhere from 4%-14% interest for 72 months. I have good credit, so ill probably fall around the 6% mark. I am wonder if anyone else on here took this route, how much are you ACTUALLY paying a month? Penalty for paying off early? (Thats what I plan on doing) And who is the loan through? Ive read a few places about a Yamaha "card"? that doesn't require to have full coverage insurance? Is this similar?

Thanks for the replies! Glad to be apart of this forum.

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Good morning and welcome.

Sorry, no experience with finance. I'm sure you'll get some good answers. If not on this thread, start another one titled "FZ Financing Question". Good luck and post pictures when you take possession.

·
Banned
739 Posts
Welcome, great color.

You say you plan on paying it off early, can you wait until you have cash? That's what I did, didn't have to mess around with all that finance/credit BS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tigershark, Ill do that if nothing comes up here!

And kingsquid, when I mean pay off early I mean maybe 3 years instead of 6, just a working college student here :cool:

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
654 Posts
welcome to the board, sorry no experience with financing either

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Houston we have a problem.

Nope just got fixed with a new shiney red missle.

Welcome aboard.
Simple minds think alike...was gonna use that intro. "Houston...."

Welcome to the machine, bro.
Great bike.
Greater color. Which is why we reds boast about it and all the other guys (less than red) tolerate such truth. :)
This weekend (purchase) will change your life FOREVER! Yes, the bike is that good. LOL
Enjoy!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs and congrats on the new FZ....in Rapid Red.........the TRUE.....fastest color (sorry guys, Steve101 wasn't here at the time to post that, so I'm filling in for him at the moment).

As far as financing goes, do you have access to any type of Credit Union? They are usually cheaper to finance anything through and I've never seen one that has any type of early payoff penalties..........in fact, if I'm not mistaken (and I may be) that type of tomfoolery is prohibited by law in some states.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome from another houstonian. I will take a swing at the financing.

I financed through yamaha, synchrony (sp?) Bank is where my statements come from. I financed for 5 years with the intent to pay off in 3 so I specifically asked about paying early. No penalty for early payoff. I got right at 6%, but at the time my beacon score was around 690. So if yours is better, you might get around that 4%
I was told by the dealer that collision was not required, however I would not recommend no collision on something you don't fully own.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5 S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
welcome! I bought mine used cash (1,400 miles on the odometer) I wont disclose what I paid, but I will say it was significantly less than the msrp and very significantly less than the price of a 2015 FZ-09 out the door here in southern California(or an FZ-07 for that matter). I can understand not wanting to wait to get an 09, they are truly badass and you wont be disappointed, but you are gonna be spending significantly more buying brand new from a dealer no matter how good your credit and how fast you pay the loan off. That being said, welcome to the family, please share your financing experiences with us if you do go that route since it seems like most of us didn't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback everyone! I will surely start a thread about my experience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts