Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do??

Looks like trades have been posted here awhile ago. Is there not a way to just go buy some? Without buying something shady from Aliexpress / eBay?

On the off chance someone wants to trade, I've got a 2016 with black ones in great condition.

Beyond that, what's the best way of going about nabbing some gold forks?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
whats shady about eBay? I buy tons of stuff from eBay over the years.

Or buy a set new for about $600

Rectangle Font Circle Magenta Paper product

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats shady about eBay? I buy tons of stuff from eBay over the years.

Or buy a set new for about $600

View attachment 166994
That second eBay link, are those legit? And good quality? How would I know? I've just always been hesitant to buy structural components off eBay with no brand name or any additional info; type of metal, type of finish, etc.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
No idea. If it were me, I’d buy a used oem set or new. 🤪

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,193 Posts
I couldn't afford golden forks because I bought the stuff inside. I did get little white stickers to put on my black fork tubes that say Ohlins inside. Not as good as gold but they feel golden.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That second eBay link, are those legit? And good quality? How would I know?
Brand new from Yamaha, genuine outer tubes are about $300 MSRP each. That second Ebay link is for a pair of tubes for $170. With free shipping. From China.

So.... you do the math LOL

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Brand new from Yamaha, genuine outer tubes are about $300 MSRP each. That second Ebay link is for a pair of tubes for $170. With free shipping. From China.

So.... you do the math LOL
...and anodizing that will fade terribly in 6 months or less. You get what you pay for. In this case: poorly made junk. Cheaper to pay upfront for the good stuff.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
How do??

Looks like trades have been posted here awhile ago. Is there not a way to just go buy some? Without buying something shady from Aliexpress / eBay?

On the off chance someone wants to trade, I've got a 2016 with black ones in great condition.

Beyond that, what's the best way of going about nabbing some gold forks?
I have gold on my 2015 that I bought new and have 52,000 miles no leaks and I do not do wheelies ..that look new and would be happy to trade but I would have to remove the upgraded parts in mine ! You could get yours shipped to my place with oil you want back in and I can R&R the internals and clean everything up for say $100 and you pay for shipping back to you ! Most people use a gun case for secure shipping .... So what mileage and what do you do with your bike ?
And for the record I do use E-Bay over Amazon and have never had a problem even when the parts came out of china ..and I order alot of parts that come from China ! Like mini bike parts ,small eng. carb kits..ect...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldn't afford golden forks because I bought the stuff inside. I did get little white stickers to put on my black fork tubes that say Ohlins inside. Not as good as gold but they feel golden.
I put some Ohlins cartridges in my forks earlier this summer, along with the STX rear shock. Massive difference :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have gold on my 2015 that I bought new and have 52,000 miles no leaks and I do not do wheelies ..that look new and would be happy to trade but I would have to remove the upgraded parts in mine ! You could get yours shipped to my place with oil you want back in and I can R&R the internals and clean everything up for say $100 and you pay for shipping back to you ! Most people use a gun case for secure shipping .... So what mileage and what do you do with your bike ?
And for the record I do use E-Bay over Amazon and have never had a problem even when the parts came out of china ..and I order alot of parts that come from China ! Like mini bike parts ,small eng. carb kits..ect...
Whelp, looks like I should've waited a couple days. I already pulled the trigger on some new ones from Yamaha, via Partzilla. They're the 2016 anniversary edition ones for ~$400 for the pair. I've got some fork seals that need to be replaced anyway, so good timing. I'm @ ~20k, no wheelies, lots of canyon carving :)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Whelp, looks like I should've waited a couple days. I already pulled the trigger on some new ones from Yamaha, via Partzilla. They're the 2016 anniversary edition ones for ~$400 for the pair. I've got some fork seals that need to be replaced anyway, so good timing. I'm @ ~20k, no wheelies, lots of canyon carving :)
Did you check the part numbers to see if they were different from the years? Would be a shame if Yamaha just replaced all new parts with the new black ones. 😆

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you check the part numbers to see if they were different from the years? Would be a shame if Yamaha just replaced all new parts with the new black ones. 😆
Mine is also a 2016, so same years! I had a Partzilla rep confirm compatibility too, just in case. Now I just have to wait 4-6 weeks to ship from China..

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Soooo.What are you going to do with the black tubes ? Also you should while pulling apart the fork tubes to replace the seals I would highly recommend Replacing the metal slides #9/28 & #8/27 and the lower bolt gasket # 11/30... https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog/parts/street-mcy#/Yamaha/60TH_ANNIVERSARY_-XSR900GY-_2016/FRONT_FORK

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
If you can handle shipping, you can have mine! They're in great condition. It'll be a bit though. Guessing close to Halloween.
Ok shipping to 47201....If not outrages I'll take them !! This would be a winter project anyway !! Looks like I have some parts to order also !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts