Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the International Motorcycyle Show Friday in Seattle I'm going to tell my self you don't need another bike.8 months ago I went to this show and 2 weeks later I purchased my bad ass liquid gray FZ09.

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Banned
739 Posts
Same here - Went last year when it came to Cleveland. Wanted to check out this new Yamaha. Couple months later, it's sitting in my garage. :)

Can't want until this year, get to see up close this monster horsepower Kawasaki H2; The new R1; the new Honda RC213V-S

·
Registered
340 Posts
Say guys,could you help me determine,by looking at the centerstand on the FJ-09 if it would bolt onto the FZ-09 ?
Thanks !!

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
I remember sitting on the 09 at the Nov. 2013 show and commenting the ergos were pretty good.
Weeks later I had Nick Stolton as a guest on Electric Koolaid for the Road and thought to myself that there was great potential
in 09 platform and those folks buying the new FZ were very lucky to have a real engineer working on upgrades.

Four months later, after demo'ing a KTM 990SMT, Triumph Tiger 800 and a leftover Ducati Hypermotard 796, I came around and
bought the Liquid Graphite FZ09 without even knowing that it was the fastest color. Sadly, for many reasons, I only put 2500 miles
on it last year. I will correct that deficiency in 2015.

Enjoy the Seattle show.
The IMS skipped Atlanta this year. :mad:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Took my daughter yesterday and was a little disappointed in the whole set up (seemed smaller). Some stuff was not ready, but she had a good time, so all was well. They had the FJ, and Ducati had it's new Scrambler display (which was really buzzing). But it was all about my little girl sitting on bikes...and winning the slot car race. The FJ in red looked very nice, darker and more to my liking than other reds. No offense. The Ducati Scrambler looked fun, and people around me were clambering (and I use that word incorrectly) around the display, eager to purchase as soon as possible. Jeez. Nice video to go with it though. My daughter watched twice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I thought this thread would be about Indi Motor Speedway. LOL...

Our Motorcycle Supershow isn't until January (weekend after new years). Can't wait! The only thing firmly on my list for this year is a set of RoadSmart II's for the FZ and maybe another rear tire for the ZX. I always look at gloves though. Can't have too many pairs of gloves!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am going too just to get a look at the Ducati Scrambler, I have a deposit on a yellow icon, cannot wait to get it!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Say guys,could you help me determine,by looking at the centerstand on the FJ-09 if it would bolt onto the FZ-09 ?
Thanks !!
I'm not sure it can be a direct bolt on - when looking at the frame it seemed different and the footpeg brackets seemed different also.
It's kind of like the seat - different attachment method.
The only way to tell of course will be to look at the part numbers when they get the microfisches up and running on the Yamaha site. If the frame looks the same around the footpegs, then it could be just a question of bolt on parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts